Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susus Posts: 138, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2011, 11:06 AM
    Carrying Drywall Two builders carry a sheet of drywall up a ramp.
    Carrying Drywall
    Two builders carry a sheet of drywall up a ramp.

Assume that W = 2.00 m, L = 3.20 m, θ = 25.0°, and that the lead builder carries a (vertical) weight of 155.0 N (34.8 lb). What is the (vertical) weight carried by the builder at the rear?
    (in N)

The builder at the rear gets tired and suggest that the drywall should be held by its narrow side.

What is the weight (in N) he must now carry?

Check out some similar questions!

Drywall [ 6 Answers ]

My home is about 25 years old. Recently I've noticed that the drywall screws seem to be coming out. There's small bumps in the drywall where the screws are. In one room, the opposite is happening. Instead of bumps, I have small depressions around the screws. Is this situation serious and what...

Repair drywall seam around shower stall-some mold in drywall [ 3 Answers ]

Paint on drywall seam --10 in .that surromds ouside od shower stall has cracked. Pulling it off I discovered the mesh drywall tape below showed no signs of mud and was on top of dryall which now has developed a 6 in length of mold--- Painter 3-years ago did not do proper job-what to do?

New drywall meets old painted/textured drywall [ 3 Answers ]

I am finally finished with a 10 foot addition to the 2 bedrooms at the front of my home. Once the additional was final on the exterior, ie: masonry walls, roof framing, sheathing, etc. I was left with the final task of removing the original exterior mas. Wall down to the floorline. Once this was...

Another one about drywall. [ 2 Answers ]

So I paid someone to finish my drywall. He "completed" the job while I was at work, so I didn't get a chance to look at it. When I got home I noticed that he had only sanded with 100 grit paper, and there are sanding lines everywhere! Is this standard practice? I have always used 220 grit, and...

Drywall to drywall [ 2 Answers ]

I need to resurface a wall that has a layer of 1/2" drywall with another layer of 1/2" drywall. I intend to use laminating adhesive and type g gypsum screws. Do I need to be concerned about getting these screws into the studs or just screw drywall to drywall?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.