Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toniann490 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 10:19 PM
    Mirena iud
    Is it ture that with the mirena iud that your pregnancy test will come up negative even if you are pregnant because of the hormones in the iud?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 10:25 PM

No, it's not true.

I actually have a colleague who is pregnant with a mirena in place. She got a positive test at 4 weeks gestation.

Pregnancy results in the production of the hormone called Hcg. The mirena has a low level of the hormone called progestin. Progestin will not conteract the pregnancy hormone in a pregnancy test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirena IUD [ 4 Answers ]

Can I get pregnant on the Mirena IUD?

I have the Mirena IUD and... [ 3 Answers ]

I got my implant Dec. 12th 2009 and until 2 months ago I was having two heavy cycles a month. Now I just have brown spotting constantly. I weighed 115lbs in may and now I am 145lbs. I don't feel sick or anything like that, but I am nervous about being pregnant. Because my daughter is only 14mo and...

Mirena IUD [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Mirena IUD put in on the 3rd of October to help with my endometriosis, I'm having constant cramps and they are worse then I have ever had them before, I have tried Advil and Midol but they don't seem to help at all, and I am also having an upset stomach and dizziness. Is this normal for the...

Mirena IUD. [ 1 Answers ]

I had a baby boy in April of last year & in May I got the Mirena IUD. I almost passed out when they put it in & bled straight for about 6 months. After that I would bleed for a few days & then stop for a few days & bleed for a few days & so on & so forth ever since then. Well I had heard that...

View more questions Search