Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sachemsuc1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 03:30 PM
    How to fix a Jammed Recoil on a pull start
    I just tried to start my machine and I puled the cord out and it didn't recoil back in.. I wored on it to try to get it fixed but it just won't recoil.. Any ideas or suggestion would be great! Thank you
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:32 AM
    Brand engine?
    Best bet is to take the shroud off... could be as simple as the cord jumping the pulley and jamming against the housing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pull cord won't pull on Murray 2.0 mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Murray/Briggs 6.0 engine mower and the pull cord is sticking. It will stop after pulling about 4 inches. Then if I jiggle the pull cord it will extend another 4 inches. I can see a plastic piece that seems to be stopping it at every four inches. What is causing this and what is the repair...

Pull Rope will not pull [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B&S Troy-bilt that I bought in April. I have used 3 times. On the 4th time the mower was working. It suddenly died. I assumed it was low on gas. I added gas and the pull rope will not pull. I am not sure how to fix any ideas.

Briggs&Stratton Billy Goat Pull Start broken [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, my billy goat pull start is stuffed. When I pull it it goes floppy and won't wind back onto the wheel. Its happened before but when I've taken the top plate off it wound back on and I hadn't had trouble with it, until now. Is there anything I can do ?:confused:

Jacuzzi motor jammed [ 2 Answers ]

I need some direction on this. I am helping a friend with their jacuzzi. When you turn on the motor it just hums. Is it because the water ports are jammed or plugged? Right now the side is tiled and unable to access and do not want to proceed without a good plan. Any guidance would be most...

View more questions Search