Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sourav_7 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 11:49 AM
    Telnet
    I'm using vista and I have installed the telnet program and I want to use this but when in telnet I'm writing "open domainname" , but it's not opening it's showing 23 port connection failed so *** help me how can I connect telnet to any domain
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jan 1, 2011, 07:17 PM
    Telnet doesn't allow you to connect to the domain. It is a program that allows you to establish an interactive session to another host running a telnet daemon. For example, you can telnet from your vista machine to a unix machine or from a unix machine to another unix machine.

Typically you issue the command as such:

C:>telnet machine1.somedomain.com

Or if you just type the telnet without any arguments then you use the open command to open an interactive session to a specific host (in this case machine1.somedomain.com).

One thing that would help us help you is if you can tell us why you downloaded the telnet program. What were you expecting that it would do for you? This might shed some light on how we can help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telnet [ 0 Answers ]

I want to create a unix account by which I want to create my own page so for that telnet program is required. I got the telnet program in my computer. I'm using vista so anyone tell me how can I create the unix account for web page creation *** help me. Person who knows full information about my...

No telnet commands work after success telnet connection [ 6 Answers ]

Please help!! After telnet to an VxWorks system, the command line shows the name of the server correctly, but no telnet command works, like "ls, dir, delete, rm..........", the error message is always "undefined symbol". This telnet worked early this afternoon, I forgot what I did to mess up the...

Telnet client for Symbian/Opera [ 1 Answers ]

Please I need help, looking for a telnet client for cellphone OS. Anybody knows something?

Telnet client. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody please help? I'm running AOL9 with windows xp, I've started getting a box on start up c:\windows\system32\mcc.exe With a message in the box Welcome to Microsoft Telnet client Escape character is 'ctrl+]' Microsoft Telnet> I also get a box on the taskbar where I can right click...

View more questions Search