Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2007, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    I'm glad to kno that someone actually views my comment's worth reading or thinking on. I just want ppl to stop loving the religion and start loving the ppl. After all, that's what God did. It's funny, ppl can try to thump to me, but i can come back with it 2x's as good. I don't though. I just wish ppl would re-evaluate what being a fishermen of men is. Honestly. In the end days, ppl who thought they were a child of God will have a RUDE awakening. They will be left behind and then and only then will they realize they were living in a lie.
    Many people, you are right try to thump on people and bully people to try to force them to believe what they believe. I personally feel that, that action will push people further a way from God. Those people who do that will have a rude awakening. Your very much on to something. I think along the same lines as you. Of course, I have people who are so religious they judge me for the way I show my beliefs. I have had other people, so called religious people on other websites as well call me the devil helper.

Anyway, I agree with your posts and have thought the same way as you. You really do know God, that is proven in your posts.

Joe
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Apr 28, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Thanks Jesushelper, your words lift me up. :-) I've been so used to hearing people thump to me, talk smack to me, and w/e else. It's nice to hear that people agree with me and think I do make sense. That made my day. I guess I'm NOT a ''Bible-twister'' as some may say lol. Thanks.
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Your welcome Raynefreak. No, no bible twister here. Lol

You know the true God, and true meaning of what is needed in this world.

Smile and Hope you have a Great Weekend. :cool:
    poppa0777 Posts: 104, Reputation: 11

Apr 28, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Comment on Jesushelper76's post
    Because I was wrong, and Raynefreak straightened me out!!
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Apr 28, 2007, 01:05 PM
    JesusLovesYou disagrees: I guess you think medical operations, sun tanning, laser eye surgery, and draining a zit is a sin too. That is of course when your not busy preparing your burnt offerings and circumcising your children.

You should abandon 'guessing.' You are no good at it. Try 'thinking' for a change. You evidently assume I am Jewish. Using your logic I assume that you are a Plutonian. You should abandon 'assuming,' as you are hopeless at that also. Jesus loves those who love God and their neighbour. Who do you love?

M:)RGANITE
    dawnstephenson Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    The question for me personally. I would like to know everybodies opinion, thoughts and even biblical response to this question.

Question is, is it a sin to get tattoos. Is it forbidden? Is there anything wrong with getting tattoos and if there is anything wrong with it?

I have thought about getting a couple before, and I thought of it again.

Thank you in advance!

Oh, and if I did get one it would be my boys name and date of birth on one arm. A religious cross on the other.

Joe
    Nope well idont think it is think it depends on what your getting if your asian muslim you would not get christ on your arm

Apr 28, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Comment on Morganite's post
    Careful there boy! The smoke is rolling out of your ears!!
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    JesusLovesYou disagrees: I guess you think medical operations, sun tanning, laser eye surgery, and draining a zit is a sin too. That is of course when your not busy preparing your burnt offerings and circumcising your children.

You should abandon 'guessing.' You are no good at it. Try 'thinking' for a change. You evidently assume I am Jewish. Using your logic I assume that you are a Plutonian. You should abandon 'assuming,' as you are hopeless at that also. Jesus loves those who love God and their neighbour. Who do you love?

M:)RGANITE
    No one needs to worry about Supercarman or Jesuslovesyou because they were banned from the site. Breaking rules.

Anyway now back to the original post.

Joe
    JessicaLoewe Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Well I thinck it's Not good to get a tattoo!
    Cuz lata when you don't want it to have the tattoo anymore you can't take it off.
    Or if you can it will cost you a lot of money!!
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnstephenson
    nope well idont think it is think it depends on what your getting if your asian muslim you would not get christ on your arm
    I asked questions about what would happen if it was Christianity. Thanks for you comment anyway.

Joe
    Xenoreaper Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2007, 01:27 AM
    I believe it is fine. From what religious knowledge I know, I don't think that it is a bad thing to get a tattoo. Anyway bible was written a long time ago and the thing that are in it mostly address the way life and society was back then. Times have changed, I mean if someone found out that you were gay or bisexual back then, you would have been chased out of town and stoned. Now its more widely accepted. Anyway my opinion is that its OK
    ladylamina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 09:52 AM
    The question for me personally. I would like to know everybodies opinion, thoughts and even biblical response to this question.

Question is, is it a sin to get tattoos. Is it forbidden? Is there anything wrong with getting tattoos and if there is anything wrong with it?

Thank you in advance!

Oh, and if I did get one it would be my boys name and date of birth on one arm. A religious cross on the other.

Joe
    It's not a sin. Why would you think that?
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2007, 10:02 AM
    I do not think it is a sin. Although many Christians I know do frown on altering the body God created, it is a matter of personal preference.

However, I do remember being at college in PA and a man was in the student center preaching and he told us that if you have tattoos, piercings, or are on birth control you were going to hell. I will never forget that... because I remember thinking... "Good Lord, the majority of the people I know will be in hell...including me!!!"

May 1, 2007, 03:57 PM
    For me, the issue is simple... if I must question whether something is wrong or not, I just choose to not do it. (erring on the side of good) I know Jesus came to fulfill and not destroy the law. To me, being a Christian means to be like Christ. We know from the book of Acts that they were first called "Christians" in Antioch... slamming them for "belonging to Christ".
    Each Christian must picture in his or her mind how they picture Jesus, if He were walking the Earth today. When thinking about this, the decision for me is easy.. I cannot picture Jesus walking around with ANY sort of tattoo; or doing a lot of other things we see and hear of many so-called "Christians" doing.
    I have no need or desire to "blend in, or fit in" with the rest of the world. I believe a real Christian will have no desire to be involved with or be identified with worldly things. The Bible instructs of us "to be in the world, but not OF the world'.
    Is this an "old fashioned" approach? YES! Thank God that I feel no need to fit in by marking my body. It is the Temple of the Holy Ghost!!
    Hopefully this will give everyone some insight as to how I view the Scriptures, and practicing Biblical Christianity.
    It isn't politically correct, but I believe it's Biblically correct.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2007, 07:04 PM
    But I could see Jesus going into a tattoo palor and eating with them,

I can see him having 100's with tattoo following him and loving him.
    Jesus is here for all, those with and those without tattoo.
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

May 1, 2007, 09:47 PM

Thank you in advance!

Joe
    Well, my initial response would be to pray, and wait for azn answer... but if you're anything but nondenom/evangelical... I would say that there's nothing wrong with it, as long as it is decent and praising the Lord. I went through this same delimma, but after some study, and advice.. and prayer... that's what I got. Just don't do anything without prayin' ;)

May 2, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    I agree with you, but not to Christians being tattoed.
    persainpapaya Posts: 58, Reputation: 21

May 3, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Nope, not a sin unless what you are tattooing on yourself could cause someone else to stumble. If I remember correctly the verse in the bible regarding tattoos was in the Old Testament... along with women not braiding their hair and staying out of the Temple while on their period. I believe that the reason for the "no tattoo" rule back then was because the only people who did have tattoos back then were pagans, and God did not want believers lumped in with the pagans. Now days, youth pastors have them, pastors, doctors, respected members of society, you name it... No, I wouldn't go putting a skull with a snake coming out of it's mouth on my arm. But a beautiful cross(showing others your faith in Jesus), or your babies name, etc.. I don't have a problem with. I believe God cares far more about us having a relationship with him than us following a giant list of rules. And anyway, the rules are to show us how we can't do it without his grace and Holy Spirit. We should want to obey and do His will out of our love for him. And look on the bright side, maybe you'll get to witness to a biker or tattoo parlor employee!:D
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 3, 2007, 06:16 PM
    What does the Bible say about tattoos / body piercings?
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gazelleintense
    Is this an actual answer? It is more of a question? :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Unforgivable Sin? [ 68 Answers ]

I know there are many different nominations and beliefs and opinions about the subject of sin. So here goes. Have any of you heard about the UNFORGIVABLE SIN? If you have exactly what is this unforgivable sin. At the same time I thought all sin can be forgiven? What is your take? Joe

Original Sin [ 13 Answers ]

I am curious if anyone might have a theroy on Original Sin? There has been so much speculation over hundreds of years and I would like to hear what you think. Thanks:confused:

Removing tattoos [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I want to know how tattoos are removed. Is it painfull?? Is it expensive??

Living in sin [ 42 Answers ]

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly... This is a relationship question, but I chose to discuss this with other christians. I am in a relationship with the father of my 2 year old son. We are not married yet, and we live together. I have always known the Lord, but...

Dog tattoos [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently taken in a lost Doxie. He has numbers tattooed on his tummy. Do you know what for?

View more questions Search