Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharpchic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Step Parent Adoption In Ca
    In the state of California, how does my husband go about adopting my daughter from a previous relationship. My daughter's father would give his consent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2007, 02:16 PM
    The bio father would have to sign a paper relinquishing his parental rights to his daughter. The court would then grant an adoption to your husband. A family services lawyer can handle this. Or talk to a clerk at Family court.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 01:12 PM
    File a motion with the court. If the dad is willing to give consent then it should be a fairly routine process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parent adoption [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter got pregnant by someone she doesn't want to be with. During her pregnancy she married a man and he wants to be the father of the baby. The bio father has said to leave him alone. We were told that since she was married at the time of the birth that the babies last name will be the...

Step Parent Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I are looking for information on how I can adopt his son. Currently, my husband has joint legal custody, however this will hopefully change to sole custody after our court date at the end of the month. Does the biological mother have to sign off on it? Does she have to stop paying...

Step parent adoption [ 2 Answers ]

A person adopts there spouses child from a previous marriage. If they devorce does the adoptive parent owe child support of does the bio parent that gave up rights owe child support

Step parent [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know anything about step parents rights? Do we have any? Where do I look to find out more?

View more questions Search