Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bonnie0414 Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Dec 31, 2010, 10:39 PM
    What is the max time you can do for a probation violation?
    He was on probation for a felony and we live in North Ccarolina. I was wondering what the max amouth of time he would be in jail for when he goes and turns himself in. And because he's been running will they add more time on it it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 11:01 PM

The max time you can do for violation of probation is the sentence they got, for example if they were given 4 years probation and served 2 years, and did a violation, they can still be sent to jail for 4 years.

Also if there was a crime that caused the violaton of probation, they can have a sentence for that

Dec 31, 2010, 11:23 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    He falied a drug test that was his viloation. Are there any statute of limatations to a probation viloation and can they add extra time for him running for a long time?
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 11:53 PM

Statue of limitation is from the time you do a new crime till they can charge you with the new crime.

As soon as he was violated by his PO, there was a warrant and his PO time froze. The warrant and the violation will stay good for his entire life or until he is caught.

And yes, if he was on the run and hiding, while it is not exta time as in more than the max, but for a simple failed drug test he would have most likely done the few weeks, till there was a hearing, and then back on probation, if he was on the run, hiding and the such, they may send him back for more months, to "teach him a lesson" it is totally up to the judge

Jan 1, 2011, 12:05 AM
    We were thinking that he might do about 9 months. We wanted to know what all we could expect before he turned himself in I had only met him about a year ago and we are actually engauged and he wants to do the right thing so we can move on together.
    Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 12:02 PM

Is the judge having a good day, did he have a fight with his wife, or did his teen age son make him mad,
    Even those can effect how a judge may rule,

Any other past criminal history, the recommendation of the PO can effect it.

There is just no way to tell, one guess is as good as another

Jan 3, 2011, 12:43 AM
    Thank you for all your help. It won't effect his decision to turn himself in we just wanted to be fully prepaied for what might happen.
    sheributler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 07:06 AM
    What's the max jail time you can do for a prole valation
    sheributler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 07:10 AM
    I need info my husband as volated his prole by living in md and on prole in dc... what the max time you all think he would do... or would he do anything at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the average jail time for first time probation violation in Texas? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I got into some trouble a couple of years back, and got put on 9 months probation for a Class A Misdemeaner. I'm now being accused of probation violation for not fully doing all the probationary requirements on time. This is the first time for this and I now have a warrant out on me. I'm...

What is the max of violation of probation [ 2 Answers ]

What is the max of violation of probation

Probation violation on a felony. More probation or actual jail time? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister in law was on probation for fraudulent use of i.d. (felony in TX). She was just arrest for theft ($50-$500) in another town and served about a week in jail there. She was then extradited back home because she violated her probation. She is currently being held on NO BOND with charges of...

Violated by not going to see probation officer what is the max time allowed? [ 2 Answers ]

She was on probation for burglary in 3 degree and burglary tools. Her car was the tool that was used for burglary. Her probation states that if she pays off the resttuion she can get off probation. But 8 cops came and got her today at home, so I wanted to know how much time she could get?

Maryland violation of probation time limits to file violation [ 2 Answers ]

I was given 5 yrs of probation during which I violated the terms by not paying restituion as indicated . I could not pay for financial reasons and a violation was filed and I was found guilty. The judge sentenced me to 6 months jail and said that I would have only 6 months left after I got out to...

View more questions Search