Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mickeyswift Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 01:16 PM
    Do I need to remove my carbon filter from my fish tank?
    Ive just recently brought API LEAF ZONE fertilizer, I'm just wondering if I should take my carbon filter out because I've heard adding treatments will be taken out because of the carbon filter. Then I'm thinking surely not with plant fertilizer? Please advise. THANKS
    GZDZ Posts: 139, Reputation: 18

Jan 1, 2011, 08:10 AM
    I have used all of the plant products on the market at one time or another. Leaf zone, all of the flourish products, Amazon water conditioner, etc. and none have ever mentioned the carbon. My guess is that the plants will suck up most these products before the filter can. It is only my educated guess. My plants do well.
    However, just as important as nutrients is lighting. My plants did not thrive until I installed a 200 watt coralife light.
    Cowgirl96 Posts: 53, Reputation: 7

Apr 7, 2011, 11:45 AM
    I most be honest I'm not sure about what it will do with a pant treatment but if you ever give your fish med like treatment for ick take out the carbon filter or it will get rid of the mess and it will help your fish little to none.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tropical fish tank filter cycle. [ 1 Answers ]

Ive just recently brought a 64ltr fish tank, I've run it for around 4 days until I put my first batch of fish in which were 4 mollys. Ive been adding the bacteria as stated and after around 7 more days I brought 6 corydoras. Iam NOT going to add any more fish now until the filter has been...

I have a 20 gallon fish tank and my fish are dying [ 6 Answers ]

I got a fish tank and evrything was good and my fish were having fish, and I just added water to the fish tank and just 2 days ago I notes that every time that I check my fish tank there are a lot of fish dead I want to know why?

Fish are dying. Again in fish tank. [ 3 Answers ]

Ph is high in this, the second try. All my fish died a few weeks ago, over night. Cleaned out tank and have introduced a few new fish. Now they have began to die. The ph is high, and I am trying to bring it down using peat moss this time. I have a coral rock in the tank. Could this be a problem...

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

View more questions Search