Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunk_in_debt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 10:52 PM
    What is the likelihood that I will be sued for defaulting on credit card.
    I am from Texas and I have 48k of debts spread over 4 card, the biggest amount is 20,523 USD. I lost my job before and just got another but they were already charged off. What is the possibility that the CC companies will sue me? And what will be the consequences?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Jan 1, 2011, 08:15 PM
    Well lets see you owe it and they want it. Plain and simple. Charge off is just an accounting term . The debt is sold to collectors for pennies on the dollars. First you will receive calls and letters and then one day you will get sued,If a judgement is granted then you can expect your bank accounts to be frozen.
    Wages can't be garnished in Texas(unless I'm wrong) but your bank accounts is fair game. Have you not talked and tried to work out a payment plan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Being sued for a credit card [ 2 Answers ]

So should I contact the collection agency or their attorney to see if I can work out a payment plan, or contact the court.

Being sued for a credit card [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued by Arrow Financial Services for a credit card they bought from Washington Mutual Bank. I don't know what to do, should I contact them or their attorney. They say I owe 2700.00 but I think that is way to high. I really don't want to go to court. If someone could please help.

View more questions Search