Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KristynwithaQ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 10:15 PM
    Help coping with the death of my mother
    I am very young and I am dealling with looosing my mother to brain cancer. I talk to friends and family and now that things are looking worse for her I'm really starting to loose it and break down more and more, I can't get her off my mind. I have my own two year old daughter and whenever I start to have fun and smile with her I think of how my mom is sick in the hospital and cry again. I was just hoping someone had some advice for me. I know there's nothing I can do to feel better about this situation because it is very hard all around, but is there any anti stress things I can try. I spend 5 days a week with her for a few hours a day so Im spending time with her, its just when I go home I loose it and I'm a wreck I just cry all the time. Any advice.
    troublemakerman Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jan 1, 2011, 05:10 AM
    I'm sorry for what's happening. My mom passed 12/28/07 at age 90. My wife passed 1/5/09 at age 66. Read this poem to your mom, might be a little comfort for both of you.
    To My Joey And My Mother
    By Michael A Gelb
    Mothers are a gift from the heavens above
    All through life they share their love
    Mothers are the greatest creation
    They are what they are and need no explanation
    From that first day starts a new life of love and joy
    They do anything to protect their baby girl or boy
    They walk around as proud as can be
    They want to shout look I have a life inside me
    Bigger and bigger she gets as time goes by
    Some suffer from pain and they cry
    There love is so strong that they can bear the pain
    They suffer and pray that it all was not in vain
    The greatest day on earth has come
    With some pain and pushing you are now a mom
    You have suffered a lot and sometimes cried
    But now it is over and with a baby at your side
    Now the easy part is over and your baby is here to stay
    You become a doctor a lawyer different people everyday
    You protect and raise them through the years
    With love joy and even some tears
    Now their grown and its time for them to leave
    You think back over the years while you grieve
    Even thou they are gone and hardly call you
    They may not write but they do love you
    Mothers belong on a pedestal with the word rare
    From the first day till the last they always care
    Mothers are and will always be
    The greatest any world will ever see
    When it is her time to go to heavens place
    She is sent back to earth wearing a new face
    Over and over a mother they be
    To give love to their new baby
    Back and forth from heaven to earth
    With love and joy and giving birth
    Mothers are not one of a kind
    They are all the same with love in mind
    With love in there heart from heaven they come
    Before you move on let me say I love you mom
    http://www.lovejoey-poems.blogspot.com
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2011, 11:18 AM

Everyone has a different way of working through stress and grief. It is extremely difficult to watch someone go through the dying process. You say you are very young but you have a two-year old daughter. I would assume you aren't in your teens (not that it matters all that much).

Have you spoken to someone at the hospital, at hospice? You are certainly not alone in what you are thinking and feeling. When there is a lengthy hospitalization everyone gets tired, everyone gets worn down, it becomes very difficult to cope. I think you need to speak to someone who will understand and help you through the process.

Does your mother talk to you about death and dying?
    hajira_c Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 11:39 AM
    My mom passed away suddenly 2 weeks ago, at first it was such enormous shock, I thought I will die as well out of sadness. As time passes by I feel better. I see now when I could survive that I can survive anything. My father died when I was 13, now I am 26 though I still feel quite unprepared for life without my dear parents. The only thing that made me sustain myself was that I have to take care of myself, if something happens I don't have anyone who would take care of me. You have to regain your strength for the same reason, who will take care of your child if something happens to you due to all stress that you feel. Your mom would want you to be happy, and be happy for her. Do things that would make her happy. I feel better after I offer my prayers it helps me a lot, and I can somehow feel that my mom is on better place, and that she is surrounded with light and all what her soul desires, that thought and feeling offers me lots of comfort. You have to surround yourself with people who love you and continue your life for them, because you see how much you suffer for her, if something would happen to you out of such intense sorrow and sadness, think how hard it would be for them. You have to be strong now, selfless and have faith. May God give you strength.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coping with the death of your first love [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently found out that my Bf just couldn`t hold on any longer... he was diagnosed with Small cell carcinoma. When we started , he had to go to the hospital , since his he was bleeding , I was scared , I thought that was the worst it could get . One night he told me that he was dying...

401k death mother [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to go about checking to see if my mother had 401k

Sudden death of mother [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know how to deal with the sudden death of my Mother. She was about to turn 60 then all of a sudden she was gone! It is so over whelming. My 6 year old always asks if I am crying cause I miss her and she tells me the Nana will always be in my heart, but I would give anything for one more...

Coping with sudden death [ 2 Answers ]

I am not proud of what I'm going to admit, but I was having an affair with a married man for the last 7 months... and he was just tragically killed when a car ran into him on his motorcycle. He was a truly wonderful man who lightened up any room when he walked in. There was about 1000 people at...

View more questions Search