Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Fraud by any other name
    I am not asking a question here, but sharing a news article in today's "Bismarck Tribune". Just when you wonder how low someone can go, someone finds out how.

Alleged surrogate scam leads to felony charge
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Yes what Becker did was low, though I've heard worse. But frankly, Martinez was a sucker waiting to be taken. He SENT her sperm samples? She impregnated herself "at home"??

In a real surrogate situation, a woman has a fertilized egg from a couple implanted. Even in a case where the surrogate is provided both egg and womb, impregnation is handled by a fertility clinic not done "at home". I would refer to this as a mail order baby and anyone who would make such an arrangement is someone I would like to sell a bridge in Brooklyn to. ;)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2007, 12:57 PM
    I agree - Mr. Martinez sure opened the door and let himself be taken in. The impregnation "at home" really stunned me. That should have been a major warning sign to this guy and yet he sent her money.

You might be able to sell that bridge to Martinez. Poor guy. Hopefully he has learned something about trust and verification.
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Jan 11, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Things like this are exactly why I put up the post that they took the word gullable out of the dictionary.

Some people are just too willing to believe anything. And that is part of the reason why we get so much spam.

How much for that bridge? I really would like to add it to my collection... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fraud? [ 32 Answers ]

My wife and I went to her final Immigration (Green card) interview in April, here in NYC. She got her restrictions lifted at that time. Within two weeks of that appt, she threw me out of the bedroom and told me that she wanted a divorce. Interestingly enough, when I asked her if she was worried...

Mortgage fraud? [ 8 Answers ]

In 1999 my mother who is elderly signed a second mortgage to an individual Who had business dealings with my sister, who was 50 years old at the time. (Deceased 2003) This individual and my sister convinced my mother to back a loan my sister had Apparently taken out, however the request for...

Is this fraud or a joke? [ 7 Answers ]

:eek: OK well I received an email stating I was a winner of an online program which since the last month has generated my email address in different companys and me and 8 other winners happen to keep popping up.. I replied to this email and now for the last final step of confirmation I got this...

Could this be fraud? [ 1 Answers ]

My best friend married a woman from Ghana in November of 2002. After getting married in the state of Florida the couple purchased a home in NC. The husband sent for her 3 kids in Ghana and they all lived as one happy family until two months ago when he returned home from work to find his wife, the...

View more questions Search