Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamie T Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Mtd yard machine
    My MTD 14.5 hp yard machine has been hard to start for a while. Turn the key and back off several times before it will start.. I replaced the ignition switch and the solenoid and now it does not even make a sound. What else could it be.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:44 AM
    Make sure you put the solenoid in right (wiggle the wires) and got the correct switch... wiggle this to, then check the fuse.
    gurucole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 04:07 AM
    The solenoid may not be earthing out on the body, I had this problem, I scraped away a little paint under the solenoid and tensioned it up again, good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yard Moles [ 6 Answers ]

I have a BIG problem with yard moles. I would like to have any advise. I cannot afford all the "stuff" like stakes and traps. I was wondering if anyone has any "home remendies" to get rid of these. My neighbor also has them very mad. Sue

MTD lawn machine will not restart [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 10-year old MTD lawn machine. I can fully charge the battery, run the machine for 10-20 minutes, turn it off and it won't restart. The motor turns over a couple of times very slowly before the battery is totally drained. The volt meter reflects that the machine is charging. When it...

Mysterious Hump in yard [ 5 Answers ]

Any ideas what this may be? It just showed up. I suspect water is the culprit we just had some hard rains, but I've never seen this before

Dead in the Yard [ 4 Answers ]

How do I check to see if I am getting juice to the spark plug?

View more questions Search