Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steveribota Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 12:44 PM
    May have a bad thermocouple
    I have a gas water heater. After I release after about 30 sexonds or so I turn it to the ON position. Well after about a min the burner goes out
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2010, 12:47 PM

Sounds like it could be steve, it's a cheap easy fix. Good luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 02:08 PM

One of the more simple fixes, go to the local hardware store buy one and replace it exactly as you take the other one out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is thermocouple type K? [ 0 Answers ]

What is thermocouple type K? How it works? and what is reference junction melt ice? Explain with picture if available,. help me please or give me related link.., thanks

If my Thermocouple is bad will my pilot light stay lite [ 2 Answers ]

My pilot lite will go out once in a while.I don't it is not do to wind either.the furnace will work for a will and then I find the pilot out. It will relite and we go through the cycle again.

Coleman thermocouple [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an older Coleman through the wall natural gas heater. The control is on the gas regulator, not mounted on the wall. The problem is "pilot won't stay lit". It uses a thermocouple, 24", the kind you can easily find at Ace hardware. The problem is that the thread at the regulator end is...

Thermocouple replacement. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox G12 furnace, about 20 years old, still working well except for the pilot light which has its off moments when it keeps going out. These seem to be periodic in that it will stay on for quite a time then start going out again for a few days, after which it works OK again. I have had...

Thermocouple... can you test? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a problem with my water heater. Its only 3 years old and when it got turned back on it worked for a bit then stopped. I then couldn't get the pilot light to stay on... held for many minutes. Being uneducated in water heaters I just assumed it was the thermocouple. As I started to dissasemble...

View more questions Search