Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JazzSymone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 07:52 AM
    Very painful upper left side sharp pains along with left shoulder pains.
    Im a 20 year old woman with left side sharp pains. I recently just got put on the depo- shot (birth control) on this side of my body. But that's was 3 weeks before the pain started. I have been having my period for over 2 months now with only a 5 day brake I'm not too sure if this have anything too do with the pain but I figured I will let it be known. It hurts too breath deep if I walk for long periods I'm short of breath and the pain will get worst. The pain is so bad I have too sleep on my back or even on my left side with a wedge under me. I haven't been into the Dr because I figured they will give me a "nothings wrong answer" like they did with the bleeding so I kind of want to know if this sound serious enough too go or should I keep taking over the counter stuff and let it ride. The pain has been here for 6 days now.
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

Dec 30, 2010, 08:06 AM

Well it could be nothing or it could be something very serious. Your spleen is on the left side and left sided shoulder pain points to that. Also, you can have a problem with the lung on that side or the muscles between the ribs on that side. It's nearly impossible to give you a reasonably accurate diagnosis without being seen and examined (and likely blood tests and an ultra sound).

My suggestion, go to see your MD and get examined.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 30, 2010, 09:08 AM
    Get a better doctor! Periods for 2 months? Could be thyroid related. Pain upper left and left arm? Could be heart related. Good grief. I know it could be a pinched nerve in the cervical vertebrae, but really. I don't like the sound of this doctor.
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

Dec 30, 2010, 09:20 AM

The period for 2 months could be due to the depo. Hard to tell when the correlation between the two is. If you go to the doctor and you get a nothings wrong answer, I agree with Joy get a new doctor and head to the ER. IF your doc at least does some testing then maybe s/he isn't as big of an idiot as it initially sounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pains under left arm and side of breast [ 1 Answers ]

For the last 4 days I have had a pain like a burning sensation under my left armpit and the side of my left breat it seems to be getting worse . I have checked for any signs of lumps but can't seem to feel any! What do u think it could be? As it is very uncomfortable and painfull.

Stabbing and burning pains in the upper part of my right side [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having sharp pains and burning sensations in the upper part of my right side an dit hurts when I move... what is it?

Sharp stabbing pains under left rib *possibly 8 weeks or more* [ 3 Answers ]

I have this sharp stabbing pain on the bottom left side of my ribcage. I got a positive pregnancy test about 3 weeks ago and I have no idea how far along I am. Probably 8 weeks or more. The pain feels like those cramps you get when you run too much, but I didn't go running or do anything. When...

Sharp pain on left shoulder blade [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone answer why I am having sharp pains on left shoulder blade.

View more questions Search