Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sohab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 01:06 AM
    How to trace a call from a private number?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 30, 2010, 01:08 AM
    YOU can't but if they are a nuisance then inform your provider as they have tools that could help.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Dec 31, 2010, 04:28 AM
    I'm also not aware of a way to trace the call without involving your phone provider or the authorities.

But what you can do is block calls from unidentified, unlisted, anonymous, private, etc numbers. Most phone companies offer that feature through the use of codes that you dial to enable/disable features. If an anonymous caller tries to call you then they will get a recording telling them to unblock their number first before the call goes through. You can try *77 to enable Anonymous Call Rejection and *87 to disable that feature. If those codes don't work (most companies use the same codes) then you can check with your phone company for specifics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to trace back a private call. [ 3 Answers ]

The title says it all.

How do I trace a private call [ 3 Answers ]

:confused:a private caller keep calling

How to trace a private number call? [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there's a device or whatever that can be placed on a telephone line that will "unblock" a PRIVATE CALLER id on the caller id? I've been getting phone calls where they sit and listen and say nothing. I have a feeling I know who it is, but I have no proof. My home phone is...

Trace private call [ 4 Answers ]

I keep getting death threats, I think from an estranged family member. The calls are to my cell phone and from private. How can I find out who it is or stop it?

View more questions Search