Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 03:12 PM
    LOL the no smoking dance need to wiggle your left leg too I wreken ;)
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Whatever it takes... we will do it... Dance, sing... wiggle, jiggle... if it works, we are so there! Hee hee
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 14, 2007, 03:20 PM
    WLaura well done on taking the steps to being smoke free! Its something I need to do this year, but keep putting it off... Good luck and hope all goes well.

I have to agree with what you said about doctors and hospital etc they tried to scear me to death going on and on about smoking, little did they know they where just making me want to lite up more than give up.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nwsflash
    wLaura well done on taking the steps to being smoke free ! ! Its something I need to do this year, but keep putting it off.....Good luck and hope all goes well.

I have to agree with what you said about doctors and hospital etc they tried to scear me to death going on and on about smoking, little did they know they where just making me want to lite up more than give up.

NWSflash,

Anything we can do to get you to join us... hmmm :D

Jan 14, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    NWSflash,

Anything we can do to get you to join us...hmmm :D
    LoL :D hummmm I will have to think about that, but I'm sad to say I'm smoking as posting this:)
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 03:45 PM
    LOL NWS,

Blow some smoke my way... I am dying to light up!!

Well the door is always open.

Jan 14, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    LOL NWS,

Blow some smoke my way....I am dying to light up !!!!!

Well the door is always open.
    Hey put that lighter in the trash ;)
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SINGLE4
    Way to go girls! Glad to hear someone has willpower!

I went to the doctor in November to help me get on something to quit smoking! (I guess I am tired of the doctor lecturing me every time I went in for a sinus infection or bronchitis).

He prescribed Chantix. It consists of (2) 12 week courses. Each course is a little over $100.00. When he prescribed it to me, it was too close to Christmas to stop (I know... an excuse)! With my next paycheck... I will go pick up my prescription (1/18/07). I have quit several times. The last 2 times I tried to quit I gained 10 pounds:eek: the first time and 15 pounds:eek: the second time (that was in a matter of 2 to 3 months time)! Being single yet, I can't afford to gain weight! Chantix is a new drug and he says that it has an appetite suppressant in it!:D Also, this drug is to help you gradually quit smoking. My dad teases me and tells me the only way to do it is cold turkey! But... I can't!

Good luck to you all and keep me informed!!!
    Hey Single4,

I just reread this. That is what my doc put me on too. I am on day 2 of the Chantix pack.
    I don't feel any effects yet, but I think the doc said I wouldn't until week 2.

Check in when you can. Okay?
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 14, 2007, 10:32 PM
    Forget about the weight gain for now. The money you'll save after quitting smoking you can use it as a down payment for a gym membership. If you need an incentive, I'll send my boys over with their papers on the evils of smoking. They keep them hidden so I can't fnd them and toss them in the trash can. I hope Johnnie is feeling better allheart. Both of mine have been sick all week. Its this nasty weather you don't kn ow how to dress your kids from one day to the next. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!! One cig isn't an entire pack. Besides all you did is see what you were missing. The yuckie factor is a good deterrent. In my case my one cig after quitting made me worship the pocelian budha.
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 02:05 AM
    Monday I hate mondays lol Not a great day to start with I will not smoke...
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Good Morning Laura :) and all

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah Monday is a perfect day to start. It's a crappy day, should never have been invented, so why not join the crappy feeling and not smoke :)

So far today, 0 for Allheart. Although I only have been up 5 seconds. Hee hee. Just kiddn. Been up a couple of hours and hoping by the end of today, my count remains 0!

Best wishes on this lovely Monday to one and all.

Win or lose, sink or swim
    One thing is certain, we'll never give in
    Side by side, hand in hand
    We all stand together
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 03:26 AM
    OOOOOO good luck Allheart I've already caved lol
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 04:18 AM
    That's okay Laura. I had 1/2 of one. But that is it for both of us and the rest of you hiding in the corners~!!

I'm back to work tomorrow and I want to so badly not smoke any tomorrow, so I want my system to get used to it as much as possible today. If that makes any sense.

Woooo hooooo we are going to do this!! Back to cleaning the house like a mad person:)

Hugs to you Laura {... }
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 04:39 AM
    I did my scrubbing yesterday hehehehe I'm having my hours peace at the moment while madam naps but I feel to tierd to do anything anyway zzzzzzz

Huge hugs stay strong xxx
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 07:29 AM
    You can come clean MY house too... the hubby got me sucked into a new video game yesterday. PLUS, I got bored Saturday night and baked sweets. Which are now ALL gone because all I did yesterday was play on the computer and eat sweets. Ugh.

I remembered today one of the reaons I quit, though---it's freaking 4 degrees outside! Going out to smoke today would be AWFUL!
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 07:44 AM
    That's the ticket there Synnen. No more standing outside in the heat, cold, rain, blizzards... no more, no more, no more... that's something to hold on to!

Stay strong!

p.s. Anyone hear from J_9. Last I did, her little one was sick. Hope he is okay. Sending good thougths to J_9.
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Now could someone please remind me why I moved back to Minnesota? It's ever so much warmer in Texas...
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    Now could someone please remind me why I moved back to Minnesota? It's ever so much warmer in Texas...

Hi Synnen, I don't know and can't think cause I want a ciggy... ooooooh!!
    Sorry, maybe after this passes I can help. I feel so foggy. Not Froggy, just foggy.
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Can't you be both? Froggy AND foggy, I mean? Jumping around, not remember what you're doing?

The stupids are finally starting to go away for me... but they still pop in occasionally just to mess with me. The fogginess thing gets better. Hang in there.
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 15, 2007, 10:00 AM
    I wish I could help you Synnen, I still don't know why I moved back to jersey from Texas. The people and the weather were soooooooo much nicer there. Not to mention my skin was never clear or dewier. But that's that.

I hope everyone's Monday is going fast. Mine is still beginning. I have to take 2 sick kids to the doctors today and they're oooohhh so thrilled about missing the fairy odd parents to go. If only the knew they were living with the Odd parents. As in they'll slide on the ice and I'll slide on it right behind them just to hear them laugh.

I'M taking your advice Alheart about tapering down. My case I ve got a bad addiction to coca cola classic. Diet cola as well I literally go through 1 1/2 2 liter bottles a day. I got my inspiration from all of you.:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Quitting smoking [ 11 Answers ]

Time to share all of your tips and techniques. I am a 19 year addict and my husband is a 10 year addict. We both are quitting together, cold turkey. Any suggestions?? Hypatia:confused:

Smoking [ 21 Answers ]

Is smoking dope every day bad for you? More bad than smoking cigarettes?

Smoking and dancing [ 14 Answers ]

This is sort of a similar question to the one I asked about wine and spirits. I know that there are some churches that prohibit smoking and dancing (not necessarily both at the same time lol). So my question is, as before, where do these beliefs come from? Dancing is mentioned lots of times in the...

Tower-Smoking [ 3 Answers ]

I smoke a lot when I'm using my PC. I know it's bad for both of us. I do have a home smoke filter next to it. My question is, can I use something(what?) in the air intake of my computer without compromising the cooling factor too much. Might it be possible to put an extremely lightly oiled...

View more questions Search