Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Murray30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Murray 30"
    I have a Murray 30" and every time I try to start it, it spits gas out of the filter and the muffler. Any ideas?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:31 AM
    You have a stuck float, or water in the carb... probably a leaky inlet needle...

Best thing to do is not run it till its fixed... drain that oil!!
    Drain the gas, take the fuel bowl off the carb, and check and make sure the float is operating freely.. there's no corrosion or water in there, and the inlet needle looks OK... also make sure the float isn't heavy... they can spring a leak around the solder and fill with gas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Need a Murray Automatic Drive 17 HP 42" Belt Diagram [ 8 Answers ]

I need help bad! I have a 2002 Murray Riding Lawnmower 17 HP 42". I broke a belt and do not know how to put the new one back on. I need a belt diagram for the two belts at the top of the mower, not the deck with the one long belt. The model # 425303x92 I tried to put it back on and no luck. Any...

Pink pill with "watson" and "502" on it [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of pill is pink and has watson 502 on it?

Murray 14 hp 42" cut Blade Drive Belt Loose [ 3 Answers ]

What are ways of tightening the blade drive belt on a Murray Model 42813A Riding lawn mower with a 42" wide cut? Just installed new one & blades will turn while mower is stationary, but will stop while trying to run over any grass?

View more questions Search