Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnsbros215 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 04:34 PM
    My children's eye color and features. Please leave your input.
    I am tan skinned with dark brown eyes and brown hair , my wife has light skin with light brown eyes and brown hair, my father has dark features like me and my mother has lighter features and brown hair with green eyes. My grandparents on my father side are both dark complected, eyes, hair and skin. My grandpop on my mother side has dark features and my grandmother on that side has blue eyes, light features. Now my wife's side. Her mother has dark eyes, hair and skin. Her father has blonde hair and blue eyes. Her grandparents on her mothers side, both tan features and brown eyes. On her father side both grandparents have light features and blue eyes. Our first child is tan with brown eyes and our second child is light skined with blonde hair and blue eyes. I take it for our son to be light skinned and blue eyes, he needed to get it from both sides mother and I the father, Is this correct? And is my grandmoms genetics (with blue eyes) enough to dominate my dark genetics? If you could help I would be gratefull. Thanks In Advance
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 29, 2010, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsbros215 View Post
    And is my grandmoms genetics (with blue eyes) enough to dominate my dark genetics? If you could help I would be gratefull. Thanks In Advance
    Absolutely!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2010, 05:25 PM

Yes, all that is needed is for the gene to be there, it can come from 4 or 5 generations past, from hair, to skin color to eye color can come from traits that neither parents show but come from hidden gene traits.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2010, 05:40 PM

Here is a neat little app based around eye color, from what you have told us, there seems to be about 75% chance for brown eyes.

What Color Eyes Would Your Children Have?

Skin and Hair color are a bit more complex to unravel, but as others have said, the possibility of fair features is definitely there.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2010, 06:42 PM

Yes, there was even a story once of a woman and man where were both white, but because of an african ansestor on the fathers side, the baby was born with dark skin.
    yazz1972 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2011, 03:17 PM
    Don't worry.. the child is yours!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eye color [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that 2 blue eyed parents can't make a brown eyed baby. But 2 brown eyed parents can make a blue eyed baby? What if your parents both have blue eyes but both of your grandparents have brown eyes? Can you have brown eyes then?

Will the Color Zap wash out only the dye and leave my natural color, [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have very dark hair kind of black and I want to color them brown and my salon people told me I have very dark hair and it will be difficult to cut the color and they charge a lot to do that. I am thinkning of doing it in home please tell me will the Color Zap wash out only the dye and leave...

Eye color? [ 2 Answers ]

I have goldish brown eyes Buuuut, I was wondering if there was Some cosmetic product that can intensify the color? Or make them pop? Haha

Eye color [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I just gave birth to my first child, she is 25 days old just wondering when her eyes will change!

Eye color [ 1 Answers ]

I've been browsing around the web trying to find what color my eyes are. First I thought they're hazel , but they only look brown if it's dark. My eyes are first of all both the same. The color around the iris is yellow (a ring) , and further away the color is green. My eyes may appear gray...

View more questions Search