Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 04:33 PM
    Drywall lifts
    I'm looking to buy a drywall lift to sheetrock my entire basement. I'm doing it by myself so I figure it may take me a couple of days to a week to finish, so I figure I might as well buy a lift rather than renting one out for an entire week. I've seen prices from $148 to $700. What should I expect to pay for a decent one that's not going to fall apart while I'm using it. I'd also like to buy one made here in America, not a cheap foreign import. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2010, 06:15 PM
    What are you doing with it after use? I'd rent for a week unless you hope to sell it on Craigslist.
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 09:04 PM

I'm doing the entire basement and then the garage. I have full-time responsibilities so I will be taking my time doing the work.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2011, 09:21 PM
    Comment on ma0641's post
    In that case go ahead. Some cheap ones at Harbor Freight. Good luck and be careful! Brian
    435Studio Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Jan 24, 2011, 11:29 AM
    I did the ceiling in my basement (approx. 1,200 sq. ft.) and I rented a professional quality lift. I rented it on several consecutive weekends (pick up on Friday afternoon - return on Monday Morning) Much cheaper than buying one. I can't remember the cost off the top of my head; check United Rental or similar vendor for pricing. Even with the lift find someone to help you...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 11:53 AM

I would rent, you will pay the price of the cheapest piece of junk(sorry Harbor Freight) but you will get a high quality unit. DRY WALL LIFT & CARTS Equipment Rental, Rent DRY WALL LIFT & CARTS | Sunbelt Rentals
    arby808 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Feb 8, 2011, 12:02 PM
    Telpro are the best lifts that I have used I have seen the ones at menards and they do look similar but have never used one. I did talk to a sheetrocker and he said the cheeper ones do work but not like a telpro.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Repair drywall seam around shower stall-some mold in drywall [ 3 Answers ]

Paint on drywall seam --10 in .that surromds ouside od shower stall has cracked. Pulling it off I discovered the mesh drywall tape below showed no signs of mud and was on top of dryall which now has developed a 6 in length of mold--- Painter 3-years ago did not do proper job-what to do?

New drywall meets old painted/textured drywall [ 3 Answers ]

I am finally finished with a 10 foot addition to the 2 bedrooms at the front of my home. Once the additional was final on the exterior, ie: masonry walls, roof framing, sheathing, etc. I was left with the final task of removing the original exterior mas. Wall down to the floorline. Once this was...

Drywall to drywall [ 2 Answers ]

I need to resurface a wall that has a layer of 1/2" drywall with another layer of 1/2" drywall. I intend to use laminating adhesive and type g gypsum screws. Do I need to be concerned about getting these screws into the studs or just screw drywall to drywall?

Dog lifts his leg to urinate outside his crate [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is 1 1/2 years old and has been crate trained since he was 6 months old. We returned home the last two nights to find that he had lifted his leg to pee outside the crate. We had taken him out before we left on both occasions. He wasn't alone for more than 4 hours either night and he has...

View more questions Search