Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spittyfofitty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 04:16 PM
    Is my probation officer required to house me?
    My P.O. released me unexpectedly, so there was no preparation time to find housing. 1/2 way houses will take months to get into. Does the probation and parole office in Janesville, WI 53545 have to give me a voucher to stay somewhere?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2010, 05:34 PM

No, you are responsible to find your own place to live.

There should be shelters, he may provide a list of shelters for you.
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

Jan 1, 2011, 09:26 PM
    I do not know the law in your jurisdiction, however I would guess that no, they are not required to provide housing to you. Though, typically the department is helpful in helping you find housing as it is in the best interest of keeping you out of prison to have you housed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

Probation officer and Half way house [ 2 Answers ]

If a person is on probation and is sentenced to a prison term of one year and completes it but is still on probation when they are done, can the probation officer send them to a half way house for 3 months? Is that another form of incarceration? If they were not a sex offender can the probation...

About my probation officer coming to my house taking bank statements. [ 7 Answers ]

Well the other day my probation officer came to my house well five of them did and went through my things. They took bank statements and my check book. I wasn't there but my girlfriend was. They told her to tell me to call them to see if I could get my papers back.. I'm on probation for fake...

View more questions Search