Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janithan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan w/ Light
    Please help! I cannot figure out how to change the burnt out light in my ceiling fan. I have tried turning the glass portion, but it won't budge. Any ideas? I've tried the Harbor Breeze website, but cannot find the manual online. :(
    Thanks!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Usually you turn the glass portion, it might be a little stuck, and it will drop out. Some of them I've been told have hidden screws on top, I haven't seen this firsthand.
    garygnu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Any luck opening it? Mine is impssible to open
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 07:36 PM
    If it is the globe you are talking about, try to turn clockwise a hair.
    If bulb, I would put on a good glove. You will apply more force with a glove.
    With power off, maybe use spray lubricant.
    Worse case, can carefully break bulb and fold aluminum bulb base in on it self to remove.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 08:42 PM
    I can only suggest what I suggested above. Some are harder than others.
    jane321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 09:01 PM
    I have just gone crazy with this... there ARE hidden screws at the top that hold the globe, but you can't see them unless you get right up there. I stood on a chair on top of a couch, but suggest a ladder. Remove the 3 screws and the globe will drop.
    wano123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 08:51 PM
    I must have had a different model 75849 Harbor Breeze fan with light... I had to push up on the globe while turning counter-clockwise (looking at ceiling) to remove... There are no screws to remove. What a pain in the arse! It took two of us about an hr to get right.
    largoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 05:28 PM
    Funniest thing ever, we read everything people had to say. Nothing worked. No screws, we tried to turn the globe clockwise, counter clockwise, pushed it up, pulled it down. The only thing we wete able to do was work up a sweat. My wife hit the bottom of the globe and the light came on... first time in three years. Funny as hell.
    Billyboy2911 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 02:47 PM
    Just took mine off to replace bulb.
    Had to twist globe and pull down on it. It did come off, but it took a lot of twisting and hard pulling. No screws.
    Called Litex and they are sending me a bulb removing tool.
    There are two small holes to peek through at bulb. Looks like mission impossible to get near it, and cleaning is going to be as bad.
    Has anyone had any luck at removing the bulb?
    jonboise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2012, 07:07 AM
    I agree with one thing, worst design ever. My lamp was dim, not bright, so I figured I needed a new lamp. I of course have expeienced the same globe removal problems. It would not turn, unless a great dfeal of force applied. And when it was turning, actually the inner mechanism turned as well. I have the manual, there are no intrustions on replacement. Other than doing the opposite of the last step, which is turn the globe counter-clockwise. There are some larger screws, but they can not be accesed. Anyway, I gave up and thought I would live with the dim light. I turn it on, and guess what, the lamp is bright and will actaully light the room now. What the heck is that? So I am OK until the lamp goes out or dim again, then I guess I just bang on it some more.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
    There are some also that just require pulling pressure, they use spring clips and have no screws.
    JiDo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2013, 10:31 AM
    I always have latex gloves in the closet for cooking, painting, etc. I put on one of the gloves and the rubber gripped the bulb making it very, very east to twist cclockwise to remove! Before that I was struggling like everyone else...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HARBOR Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 16 Answers ]

We have a harbor breeze ceiling fan. The blades have quit turning but the motor continues to hum when switch is on. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? I called Lowe's and they told me to turn the blades by hand with the switch off and if I heard a buzz it was probably the ball...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 3 Answers ]

The Bulb In This Fan Has Blown Out. How Do I Remove The Globe To Change The Bulb. Model # Ac552----item # 18267 Jun 01

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 6 Answers ]

Have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with remote and the power was shut off from the circuit breaker box and now my fan or light will not come on. Checked the connections, dip for the remote and reset the circuits but no luck. Any one with any ideas please pass along. Thanks

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

My Harbor Breeze ceiling fan is 2 years old. It suddenly stopped responding to the remote control. Battery in remote is new. Dip switches in original position on remote (all 4 up). Cannot see switches on motor housing without dismantling it. Anything to do to avoid calling service person to...

View more questions Search