Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mytoystore2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 03:20 PM
    Car Accident Totaled My Car.. Insurance Paid Out Low Blue Book Can I?
    I was rear-ended Recently That The Insurance called a total lost on my car.. The insurance company paid me out on the low blue book On My vehicle.. The other party's Insurance has not made contact with me... I have to purchase another vehicle... I found a vehicle to purchase but the cost is 8,000.00 more than what the insurance paid out to me.. I feel I should be able to recover the extra cost out of pocket to purchase this vehicle.. As I Was put in a Hardship by this accident.. Am I able to recover this extra amount from the other Drivers Insurance or the driver?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 5, 2011, 03:25 PM

Since your own insurance company paid out, they withheld the amount of your deductile - that's one reason why the amount is low. You should go after the other insurance company to be fully reimbursed for the value of the car. Talk to your insurance agent - they should help you with the process. As for buying a new car that is $8K more than the value of your old car - that's up to you, but insurance will only pay you the market value of your old car, not the car you'd like to replace it with. And unfortunately no insurance policy will reimburse you for the "hardship" you've endured, or the aggravation that lies ahead.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2011, 06:31 PM

And again, even with your own insurance, if you did not think it was a fair price, you did not have to accept, you should have had pricing and told them the price you wanted, and even asked to talk to the supervisor of adjusters if not satisfied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car accident my car with insurance but no license [ 8 Answers ]

I had a car accident with my car with an insurance cover but no valid license but provisional driving licence which I have accepted liability of,what would be the repercussions

Determining accident fault? -my parked car involved in multi car parking lot accident [ 15 Answers ]

What happens in a parking lot accident scenario: Car 1 driving (fast) hits Car 2 that is backing out of the parking lot. Car 2 because of the impact now hits Car 3 and Car 4 which were parked to Car 2s' left and right respectively. I have Car 5 and was parked to Car 3's left. My car (Car 5)...

Car accident with bike. No insurance no registeration. Not paid road tax. [ 0 Answers ]

I was driving my car when a two wheeler came from the left and hit my car. The guy on the bike was thrown onto my front glass which got completely cracked. The guy wokeup and drank some water. The police came to the spot and seized both the vehicles. The guy was taken to a hospital in madurai in...

I totaled my car with no full coverage, and my car is financed [ 3 Answers ]

I totaled my car with out full coverage, and my car is financed, I have no problem on continuing making the payments, does any one know what the bank will do?

I was in a car accident and the owner of the car had no insurance. [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know what to do... Help

View more questions Search