Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xMerlina Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 01:44 PM
    Work and Energy
    A man is pulling a boat through a narrow canal. If the tension on the rope is 1610 N and 138569 J of work is done in towing the boat 90 meters, find the angle between the rope and the forward direction.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2010, 04:03 PM

Where are you having problems? Do you understand how to calculate work? Do you understand how to account for the angular difference between the work done and the distance traveled?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work, energy, power [ 1 Answers ]

Rowan and jean are tobogganing on an old pasture with rolling hills. At A the hill is 14m high; at B, 2.8m, at A, the toboggan is just beginning to slide. a)if there is no loss of mechanical energy, what is the velocity of the toboggan at B? b) if 25% of the mechanical energy at A is lost by B,...

Physics, The Work-ENERGY [ 1 Answers ]

A space ship of mass 5.00 × 18*4 kg is traveling at a speed 1.15 × 10*4 m/s in outer space. Except for the force generated by its own engine, no other force acts on the ship. As the engine exerts a constant force of 4.00 × 10*5 N, the ship moves a distance of 2.50 × 10*6 m in the direction of...

Kinetic Energy and Work [ 3 Answers ]

A 25 kg box is initially at rest slides down a 2.0 m incline that is 15 degrees from the horizontal w/ a constant kinetic friction of 10N between the box and incline. What KE would the box have at the bottom of the incline? I wanted to use the KE formula, but v is not given so I am stuck... can...

Work and Energy [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to work on this Physics problem for hours now, and I'm not getting anywhere... a box has 500 J of work done on it by an applied force. How fast will it move after the work is done? That's not the exact question, but that's the idea. I know the general formula is W=(Fs) cos......

Work,kinetic energy [ 1 Answers ]

In the equation for work why do you multiply force times displacement distance could'nt you just multiply forcec times the time it took the object to cover the displacement distance?

View more questions Search