Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cathyle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 11:11 AM
    Acquiring german passport through german grandparents?
    Hi our Grandmother was born in Germany and moved to Canada in The 20's. Our mother was born here. Our grandfather was born in the United States but was of German decent. Can we get a German passport through our grandmother?
    karloss Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Sep 2, 2011, 07:25 PM
    German nationality is only acquired if one parent is German.

Having German grandparents is not enough. You need to prove that one of your parents was German on the day you were born.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

Acquiring a German passport [ 2 Answers ]

Wondering why you aren't answering questions that have been asked?? My question as others is can I get a german passport - both sets of my grandparents were born and lived in somewhere in germany. :)

My Grandparents were both Germans living in SA - can I apply for a German Passport? [ 0 Answers ]

Good day. My grandparent both lived in South Africa for years but both are German Citizens. I would like to know if it’s all possible to apply for a German Passport or ancestral passport.

Can I apply for a german passport when married to a german and living in south africa [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm South African and would like to know if I will be able to apply for a German passport after getting married to my fiancé which of cause is a German himself. We will however live in South Africa after getting married. Our marriage will also take place in South Africa.

View more questions Search