Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tomaso Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 09:08 AM
    Gas furnace -thermo clicks a buzzing starts.Gas flame starts for 10 secs & stops
    I have an old Sears Power Miser Natural gas furnace. It doesn't always come on, but when it does the thermostat clicks and a buzzing starts. You can hear the gas flame start and then 10 seconds later it shuts off. If I turn the fan on manually (before the 10 seconds is up) the flame remains burning and the furnace heats the house sufficiently until I turn the heat off and run the fan until cool air is coming out of the vents.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana gas furnace starts then stops [ 5 Answers ]

The gas fires for a few seconds and then shuts off and restarts the cycle again. Usually it works the second time. Sometimes it locks out and has to be reset. I've cleaned/replaced the flame sensor. I checked the vacuum switch -ok

Goodman furnace problems when running the ac it starts stops starts stops [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace 98% efficient it works fine on heat but when I run the ac unit it will run fine for an hour or three but then it will start stoping and starting the blower motor I have changed the transformer the blower motor the door switch anyone have any idea why it does this any help...

Bryant gas furnace starts OK - but blower stops after a few minutes [ 1 Answers ]

My Bryant gas furnace (394GAD I think) starts up in heating cycle OK - but after a few minutes the blower shuts off. The burners stay on. Then 30 seconds or so later, the blower restarts. After a few minutes, it shuts off again - burners still on - then starts again after 30 seconds. Repeats this...

Main blower sometimes starts and stops in Gas Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a problem with main blower in gas furnace. I've checked this site, but didn't find an answer. Symptoms: Sometimes it starts and stops when burns work or don't start at all. Relay clicks to start blower in 30 seconds after burner started, but blower doesn't start or stops and then...

Only in AM, gas furnace stops and starts [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a Gaffers-Sattler furnace, about 40 years old. Runs great, but for one problem. In the morning around 5 or 6, I turn on furnace and it will heat up and run for about 5 to 6 minutes then stop for about 3 minutes and repeat this all morning long. (frustration as this is when its...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.