Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hillsgurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 08:52 PM
    How to transfer home title/deed and morgae payments in Alabama?
    I am looking at a home in which the owners want to have me assume the payments and assume ownership of said home. Is this possiable and how much will it cost me to do this? The property is a home with purchase of 1 acre of land in Alabama.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 09:00 PM
    It depends on the type of loan they have many can be assumed, others can't be. You need to speak to the mortgage company and find out the exact terms, if the mortgage is and what their fees are.

I will assume the mortgage company will have fees to do this. There will have to be a new deed of trust and various home inspections and forms.

You need a good real estate person to walk you though it, along with an real estate attoreny to do the closing for you.

I believe, or at least they used to, in Alabama have title companies, but since this is an assumption you may want an attorney who does real estate.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Jan 11, 2007, 10:01 AM
    There is no such thing as ASSUMABLE mortgage loans any more. You will have to "wrap" the current mortgage with a land contract to the new owners.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Cvillecpm, I just sold my home the new owners mortgage is ASSUMABLE, They got a FHA loan and there is s clause which states the conditions to assumble the loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Deed Sale Title Question... Marketable title? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody was familiar with titles from tax deed sales. I am a beginner to the topic, but just was looking for some advice from some of you real-estate savvy experts out there. My question is about the title of a deed bought from a tax sale... How do you find out...

Missouri deed transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-wife and I own property in Missouri (a time share). I recently traded in this time share towards the purchase of another with the same company. However, now I'm having trouble getting my ex-wife to transfer the original deed to my name only to complete this transaction. Is the 2nd contract...

Deed transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My father is in the process of transferring the deed of a house to me. Is refinancing necessary?:eek:

Title transfer during sale of manufacture home question? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my wife sold our home in oct of last year 04 and we just received a tax bill for the property taxes.We have not even lived in the home for a year. I am trying to get a hold of the people that sold our home for us but they have not called us back yet. Does anyone know if the people that...

View more questions Search