Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junior445 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Truck Driving job
    I am a felon are there any Companies that will train me and put me to work driving a truck?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 09:04 PM
    There can be, a lot will depend on how long it has been, what it was for,

Truck driving includes all sorts of driving jobs from tow trucks to dump trucks to local deliveries to over the road.

There are better companies than others.

Most training is done at your dollar, and some companies will pay you back after you are hired and go to work for them.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 10:42 PM
    If your felony is drug related, you might have a long search ahead of you. The truck driving company's insurance may not agree to cover you.

As far as training, most require someone with a certain numbers of behind the wheel experience, again because of insurance reasons.

There are truck driving schools available that state they train and help with job placement. But be very careful in those - some take your money and do not much else. My oldest brother ran into that scam when he lived at a homeless shelter. There were two men who came to the shelter, promising the men that wanted to get trained to drive truck that they could do it for them and get them a job. This "driving school" got federal dollars in the form of student loans from these men, did provide the training with an actual truck company... but when it came time to graduate and go to work - no firm would hire them because of the lack of time behind the wheel. I reported it as a scam. The "driving school" as well as the trucking firm who the men were doing the practical experience with (and who initially said there would be a job) were taking the money, knowing full well that there were no real jobs at the end of the line.

So check everything out carefully. If you find a school, ask for credentials and references from graduates. If there is a promise made to you of employment, get it in writing. Once in awhile you will find someone who is willing to take a trainee, someone with no experience. Good luck in your plans.
    KT Smith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Check out Driver Careers :: Truck Driver Jobs they can answer all your questions!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck driving with felony [ 28 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon looking for a job in the truck driving, industry, my conviction is 6 years old, I am looking for trucking companies that are willing to hire a truck driver with a criminal past.

2001 Dodge truck driving light diagram needed [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a 2001 Dodge truck light wiring diagram so I can hook up driving lights that will come on directly with the highbeam instead of a separate switch.

Truck Driving Job [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a Dui over five years ago. When I was young I got into some trouble with drugs in high school and have to prior underage drinking charge which are over 10 years old. Is it going to be possible for me to become a truck driver ever? Will anyone hire me with my background?

Driving tickets [ 3 Answers ]

I have not had a driving infraction for over 15 years- except in a different province. In the last two years I have been pulled over twice in another province. The first was for speeding (I was going with traffic flow but because my wife's car looks hopped up I was picked out and pulled over...

I'm driving myself mad... [ 17 Answers ]

On the whole my relationship with my boyfriend is good. We are fairly honest with each other. Last wkend we went clubbing together, with about another 5 people. We had a good evening and got very drunk. There's this 1 girl who has known me and boyfriend forever, very sweet girl just abit...

View more questions Search