Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Camborio Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Dec 27, 2010, 12:01 PM
    Married Mex Citizen in Mexico do I need to file for divorce and where??
    US Citizen (me), married my soon to be ex (Mexican Citizen) in Mexico, do I need to file for divorce if I never presented the marriage certificate in the United States? He is in Mexico, I'm up here... he's down there, I was going to move down there until he told me on December 19, 2010 through MSN Messenger, that he needs time to think.
    I told him he needs to come back up here illegally if he wants to be with me or it is over, so I think it is over.
    Can I file for divorce up here and send the decree down to him and will the government there grant the divorce, or am I going to have to front the money to go down there and file for it?

Check out some similar questions!

How to file taxes - US citizen married to non-resident alien [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there - I got married in 2009 to a French citizen (who completed two student internships here and has a SSN). I live and work in the US and he is in France, finishing his masters, while we wait for his visa and work permit to come through. As a full-time student he is being supported by his...

What are all the papers to file when married to american citizen? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just got married in the US to an american citizen and now I want to know what are all the papers that I need to file to migration, my current status in the us is tourist since Im a resident of a south american country. Thank you

If I married a us citizen in jamaica where do I file for divorce? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in jamaica but I now live in newyork but I want to file for a divorce can it be done in jamaica my wife is an american citizen she was the one who filed for me to come to ny,we got married in 2007.

Can an American citizen easily file a divorce with a non-american citizen? [ 12 Answers ]

She entered through a K1 visa. She later decide to go back to her home country. Because of this, she couldn't get back to the US as she also had some troubles with visa. Can her husband file and process a divorce without his wife consent?

American/jordanian citizen, married to syrian; want divorce [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I was born in jordan and lived in the states; dual citizen. I'm now living in syria, and married to a syrian. I have a daughter that is now 4 months old born in syria, but with a jordanian birth certificate and plan to get my daughter american citizenship. Our marriage license is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.