Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blossomxo Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 11:20 AM
    Early pregnancy scan says I'm 5-6 weeks... when I should be 5 weeks??
    I received an early Pregnancy scan today. I should only be 5 weeks tomorrow they were able to see the baby and estimated 5 weeks and four days... how does this work??
    katt86 Posts: 144, Reputation: 9

Dec 27, 2010, 11:25 AM

Ultra sounds are done to detect an approximate age of your foetus and do this through measurements of the babies head and things although they are never 100% accurate as they estimated my daughter to be due 11 days later than my original dates but then decided this was wrong when she was born 13 days after their original date. Although with only 4 days between each due date I wouldn't worry too much as babies tend to arrive when they are ready
    blossomxo Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Comment on katt86's post
    Thank you very much for your reply... I read this evening that the midmives date this using a two week add on time so my baby is really maybe only 3-4 weeks old from coneption... would this be right? Its so confusing.
    imom20 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 11:59 AM
    Ultra sounds give you an estimate answer. All though nobody not even you really know when your baby will be here or how long you've been pregnant. Ex. I'm 36 weeks,but the days change all the time. It deppends on the growth of the baby. Its confusing but just enjoy it,it goes by TO fast.lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

I'm 6 weeks 4 days according to my transvaginal scan and spotting brown discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm Six weeks 4 days according to the scan I had on Monday and seven weeks four days as calculated from my lmp is this OK? Also I've been spotting a brown somewhat scanty discharge for the past seven days... No pain no vomiting.. just discharge. Saw my obgyn who put me on bedrest and says it's OK...

Scan at 12 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 9 weeks, my first scan is at week 12. Is that too early to make out the sex?? How far in the pregnancy can you make out the sex? Thanks.

Vaginal scan at 20 weeks [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have always heard that a vaginal scan is necessary only during early pregnancy or when there is something to worry... yesterday I had my 20 weeks ultrasound and after the abdominal scan the sonographer also performed the vaginal scan. When I asked her if this is normal procedure or is it...

View more questions Search