Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie1900 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 08:04 PM
    I was late for my 2nd depo shot, can I be pregnant?
    I got my first depo shot a few months ago,
    It messed with my period a little bit but it never went away.
    3 months later I was due for my next shot.. but I didn't get it until about a month & half until I was supposed to.
    #1) if you are late for your depo shot, and having un protected sex,what are the chances of getting pregnant?
    While I was late for the next shot.. I got my period. A few days after I got my period I had un protected sex several times in the following week.

About 3 weeks after I had unprotected sex I went to the doctor to get my missed depo shot, they gave me a pregnancy test and it came up negative.
    I should have gotten my period about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but it never came..

#2) Did I miss my period from pregnancy or miss it because the 2nd depo shot?

I've been feeling a little sick to my stomach. Dry heaving. I've been getting headaches. And I've been peeing like every hour.
    Should I take a pregnancy test? Please help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 08:23 PM

Try a pregnancy test.

Pregnancy on Depo can happen. No form of birth control is 100% effective even when used correctly, and you definitely didn't use it correctly, so the odds do increase.

Try a home pregnancy test. Use first morning urine for more accuracy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having your depo shot 2 weeks late [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on the injection for a year, and my forth shot wos given 2 weeks late, I wos told to do a pregnancy test on the 22nd of December, I wos also told to use protection for the next 7 days and I chose not to listen to this as I want to get pregnant, I just want to know what the chances...

2nd month use of depo shot [ 2 Answers ]

My sister got the Depo-provera shot on March 7th. She never had sex before so she could get the shot without timing for her period. She said she usually gets her period somewhere between to 20th or 25the of the month, She was told the shot would take at least two weeks to start protecting agaist...

Pregnant and depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

I got an iud took out dec 7th due to complications and the same day igot the shot and now I feel really really pregnant I got really bad heart burn really sick direha and breast tenderness and the way thing that gets me is this moring my breast was leaking and I mean a big wet spot on my shirt what...

View more questions Search