Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hisey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Finding x and y intercept
    How do I find x- and y-intercept of Y= 4x-7
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Jan 10, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Well, the x-intercept of a line is where the line crosses the x-axis. The x-axis is defined as all points where y=0. So, all you have to do is substitute y=0 into your equation, then solve for x.

Similarly, to find the y-intercept, set x=0 and solve for y.
    admiralsfan Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2007, 07:12 PM
    To find y intercept = Subsitute 0 in for x and solve for y. Coordinate is (0,y)
    To find x intercept = Subsitute 0 in for y and solve for x. Coordinate is (x, 0)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2007, 02:19 PM
    To find the y-intercept, plug in 0 for x and do the arithmetic. TO find the x-intercept, plug in 0 for y and algebraically solve for x.
    Unregistered Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 1, 2008, 09:26 AM
    y=3/4x-12

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need help finding name of movie Please [ 21 Answers ]

Hi Ive been searching for this movie for years now and know one anywhere knows the name I only remember certain parts mainly the ending Ok here it goes The movie is about a kid that has been shot I think it was gang related and the cops are chaising him and he takes a guy hostage and tells him to...

Need help finding someone [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my name is James Pawlik and I have been looking for an old friend I was in the Navy with I don't remember her ship because we only knew each other in (A) School and after graduation I never saw her again. I was just trying to see how she is and let her know how I am but I can't seem to find a...

Slope and intercept this is it for now . [ 2 Answers ]

1. Which line is the flattest (or is less steep)? Why? y = 5x -6 y = 5x + 6 y = x - 3 y = x + 3 2. The line y = 4x - 7 crosses the y axis at: (4, 0) (0, 4)

Finding out Agent [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out who a homeowners insurance agent is ? My daughter was injured on the property when their car backed into her. Reports were done and it has grown ugly. But no where is their Agent mentioned. They of course refuse to tell us.

View more questions Search