Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhotshot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Online Education
    I am concerned about the validity of Ashwood University. They claim to be an accredited online school, issuing life experience degrees. I can't find any information to verify that the are accredited by a legitimate organization. Please, if anyone has information about this online program, I'm interested. Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 06:39 PM
    There are 1000's of agencies that accredit, and it depends on what level of acrediation you want. If you want to be an attorney you need to normally go to a law school that is approved by the State Bar association.

If you want to be a Catholic Priest you have to go to a seminary that is approved by the Catholic church.

There are many schools that just make up their own acrediation agency.
    So the value of who they are acredited by makes all the difference

If you want a school that is accepted for government funding or that will be accepted by other schools or by all business you have to get one approved by a agency that is approved by the Dept of Education,

Basically if the school is not on this list, it is not approved by the Dept of Education

Institution Accreditation - Search Page

This gives some good info also

Ashwood University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    pengland Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dhotshot
    I am concerned about the validity of Ashwood University. They claim to be an accredited online school, issuing life experience degrees. I can't find any information to verify that the are accredited by a legitamate organization. Please, if anyone has information about this online program, I'm interested. Thanks!
    Degree.net said it's a scam. Try going to the education board and see if they can answer your question or call your local college and see if someone can look it up for you.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Your state should have, mostly likely has, an agency like the Board of Higher Education. That resource can tell you what your state accepts and does not accept as far as a degree or certification from ANY other college/institution.

If this Ashwood University was a true blue, bonafide place of higher learning, they can tell you who accepts their programs and who does not. Most honest places will be forthright about that, since they do not want to be called a degree mill.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Free online education [ 4 Answers ]

Sir, Please help me to find for the courses which are available free of cost for studying them online. Thanks lokesh

Education [ 1 Answers ]

What would be an approximate weight of a cubic yard of trash.

Education [ 2 Answers ]

Which is the African city named after an American President

View more questions Search