Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prernasingh24 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 08:25 AM
    What is heart attack?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 08:31 AM

It is when the rhythm of the heart changes from normal sinus rhythm to a different rhythm.
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

Dec 27, 2010, 08:52 PM
    It's the same as a myocardinal infarction when the a part of the heart stops receiving enough oxygen and blood. That section will become damaged permanantly and die. Depending on the area affected, it could be the entire heart. The person will experience angina (chest pain) and shortness of breath and will need to go the hospital urgently. If left untreated then it becomes worse and worse and can lead on to other heart conditions. Usually it is the cornary artery that becomes blocked due to fat narrowing it and causing a heart attack. Medication is given at the hospital to dilate the artery and increase blood and oxygen to the heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heart Attack Or stroke [ 3 Answers ]

I was just trying to find out what is the signs of a heart attack or stroke?my woman gets weekness in her right arm and a couple of her fingers.and she don't be in any uncomfortable postions for this to occur.it comes out of no where?could this be signs of heart attack or stroke and if so what...

A Catholic Heart Attack. [ 4 Answers ]

A Catholic Heart Attack. A man suffered a sudden serious heart attack, and had immediate Lifesaving open heart bypass surgery. He awakened from the surgery To find himself in the care of nuns at a catholic hospital.

Tell me what are my chances of having a heart attack or heart problems [ 2 Answers ]

OK first of all my grandpa had 3 heart attacks and 4 heart failures my grandmother has had heart problems my dad has heart problems and my uncle died of a heart attack. So are my chances high

Heart attack [ 4 Answers ]

I had a heart attack 10-11 years ago. Angiography taste showed 100% blockage of LAD. The EF is 30% now which was 25% before. Lower vantricle disfunctioning. BP is noral 120/80. I am aged 55,6',70kg and technically qualified. And working in office. I simply take medicines.Cardiologist...

Heart attack [ 3 Answers ]

Dear friends, I received a heart attack in October of 06. I own my own business. Two question---Since I am not divorced yet, is my soon to be ex responsible for the doctor bills? And since it affected my income drastically , how would that effect my support and spousal payments? I am in New...

View more questions Search