Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jylim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 12:21 AM
    Bathtub overflow after kitchen sink and bathroom sink use.
    Hi! I live in 23 story condo. And every time I use kitchen sink or bathroom sink my bathtub gets filled with water. I have disposable in my kitchen sink. Have tried Drano but not working. What can I do?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:19 AM

Hi Jylim...

Drano won't do anything for this...

You could try to rent an electric hand-held snake and snake through the kitchen sink drain if there is an accessible cleanout, or y ou could also snake down the tub overflow pipe.

If you go down the tub waste overflow then know that you will meet resistance in at about 18" or so... that's the PTRAP. Just continue to spin the snake and push at the same time and you shouold get past it with little issue.

See this thread for more info. OK?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbi...le-537673.html

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New bathroom sink backs up halfway, quickly drains, repeat.. no overflow in this sink [ 2 Answers ]

I just very proudly finished installing our new second floor bathroom sink drains. Two different vanities, two different walls. I ran the water steadily in both of them for 10 minutes. One works fine. The other backs up about halfway up the bowl, then suddenly quickly drains everything and...

Overflow drain for Kitchen Sink [ 3 Answers ]

I went down in my crawl space and found it filled with sewage. I noticed that my Kitchen Sink has an overflow pipe that drains into the crawl space. My main pipe was clogged so all the water went into the crawl space. Is this normal? I was wondering maybe the kitchen sink has one of those gas...

No overflow bathroom sink [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I recently installed a bathroom sink. This one has no hole for the overflow, and no holes for the faucets so basically only one hole for the drain. Is there a specific way to do this type of plumbing since the water takes a very long time to go down.

Fog horn noise when using taps in bathroom sink and kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

There has developed, in the last week, a "fog horn" sound when we turn on the hot or cold taps in the bathroom or kitchen. It does not occur when we use the washer or dishwasher. Could anyone give some advise on what could be the cause of this?

Rusty bathroom sink overflow [ 3 Answers ]

My bathroom sink is draining very poorly. I snaked out the pipe, but found no clog. A plumber came for the same problem about a year ago and blamed it partly on our sinks overflow being very rusty and interfering with proper venting of the sink. Does this sound right and can the overflow be...

View more questions Search