Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    interestedin Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 09:32 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    I did ,put she hasn't disappeared an I really would like to know ,can they fake a web-cam, cause I was talking to her at the same time an I could see her reactions to my answers, I told her to do certain things such as wave her hands an she did,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Do you have a webcam? As her to do a web chat. I think it would be very enlightening.
    interestedin said earlier in this thread: "she has been on a web cam to me an it is the same girl ,in the pictures, is there a way they could fake that."

Golly gee, she must be real the person she says she is. Where can I send money to help her? Or better for me, does she have any male friends?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:36 PM

Yes, this can all be faked by using people who are in this for the money you are willing to send (but won't give you anything in return).
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:37 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't see that you had already done a web chat with her. Can it be faked? I'm not sure. Where there's a will there's a way, so I wouldn't count it out.

One question, and if I missed this in a previous post as well, I apologize. How much money has she asked for, and what's the money for? What was the Gold document about? Is she selling you gold?

The fact is, she's asking for money and you don't know her. I still think you should tell her you're broke and see what happens.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't see that you had already done a web chat with her. Can it be faked? I'm not sure. Where there's a will there's a way, so I wouldn't count it out.
    It sounds like she's in cahoots with whoever made up the gold "baes" document, and she'll get a cut in the end once interestedin has forked over the money that they've asked for. Then they will disappear.
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It sounds like she's in cahoots with whoever made up the gold "baes" document, and she'll get a cut in the end once interestedin has forked over the money that they've asked for. Then they will disappear.
    They should hire someone that can at least spell. I laughed myself silly when I read it

Sunbject instead of subject
    Baes instead of bars
    Fine instead of find
    Beought instead of bought

If they're going to write it in English and they're pretending to be the Geological Survey Department, they should at least use spell check. :rolleyes:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:51 PM

Comment on J_9's post

I'm not worried about the money, I have money ,I just don't like liars an if you want a car ,tell your old man to go to work...
    You DO believe everything you hear don't you?

My 17 year old doesn't need a car and my husband doesn't need to work. He's a stay at home Dad. We live in a role reversal household.

And no, that's NOT me in the picture.

If you don't mind being taken for your money, go ahead keep sending it. But don't complain when she suddenly falls off the face of the earth.

Dec 26, 2010, 09:54 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    She seems really sincere, an I've been on the cam, with her several times an the money is for the docment an I have talked to the holding company an its seems to be real,an I'm already in this what is another sum of money going to hurt, its not much.
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 10:01 PM

she seems really sincere, an I've been on the cam, with her several times an the money is for the docment an I have talked to the holding company an its seems to be real,an I'm already in this what is another sum of money going to hurt, its not much.
    If you don't mind being scammed than why did you come here looking for answers?

Send the money if it's of no concern to you.

As for the document. It's not worth the paper it was written on.

Again, if you won't miss the money, don't care that this is a scam, write another cheque. Don't come back here crying that you were scammed, because we already told you so.
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 10:02 PM

Also, realize that if you send the next bit of money, there will be more fees, and more fees, and even more fees. It will be never ending. You may want to decide now when you'll call it quits.

Dec 26, 2010, 10:08 PM
    Is everywoman out there a scam, I'm not crying I was just wondering if you could fake a cam,you guys don't seem to know the answer, thanks for your comments...
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 10:13 PM

is everywoman out there a scam, I'm not crying I was just wondering if you could fake a cam,you guys don't seem to know the answer, thanks for your comments...
    Does every woman you meet ask you for money?

We gave you an answer. It is a scam. You don't want to accept that answer, so the rest is up to you.

It very well could be that the picture she sent is one of her. That doesn't make it any less of a scam.

How did she contact you? How did you two meet? When did she first ask for money?

Think about it! Use your brain!

Dec 26, 2010, 10:14 PM
    I agree with you on that...
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 10:16 PM

I agree with you on that...
    On what?

Sorry, you're using the comment feature to respond, which makes it really difficult to follow what you're posting.

It's much easier to quote the post you're referring to and use the post option on the bottom of the page.
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 10:22 PM

I have to add this, and I'm hoping this is the wake up call that you need.

When you talk to her is she overly sweet? Does she tell you she's falling in love with you? Does she mention money whenever she can? I bet she can't wait to meet you, just send the money for a ticket and she'll book the flight today. Oh wait, she doesn't have a passport, you'll need to send the money for that too. Now she can't leave because her mother is sick and needs an operation. Can you send the money for that too, then she'll finally be free to come to you.

I know it sounds real. That's the scam. I'm a woman. I can tell you right now that as a real woman, as someone that isn't dishonest, even if I was living in a box I would never ask a complete stranger for money, especially if I cared about that person in a romantic way.

There really is a very easy way to find out her true intentions. I mentioned it in my first post. Tell her you're broke. You had to declare bankruptcy, you don't have a penny left to your name, but you still care about her, and you want to be with her.

If we're all right and it's a scam, you'll never hear from her again.

Dec 26, 2010, 10:32 PM
    I'm going to do a little more checking an thank you guys for you help, I agree with a lot of what you are saying ,I haven't sent the money yet, but I have been talking to this lady for a long time an I have found out not from her, but other ways that it costs a lot of money to get to the us from over there, an the money is only half to get the gold from the storage company, it could be a scam ,but it's a good one...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 10:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by interestedin
    i was just wondering if you could fake a cam,you guys don,t seem to know the answer
    She's a real person and is in on the scam. She is faking this entire story on the web cam. She is acting like she loves you. They hired her to scam you. She will get a cut of the money. You said you hate liars. She is a LIAR.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by interestedin View Post
    I,m going to do a little more checking an thank you guys for you help, i agree with a lot of what you are saying ,i haven,t sent the money yet, but i have been talking to this lady for a long time an i have found out not from her, but other ways that it costs alot of money to get to the us from over there, an the money is only half to get the gold from the storage company, it could be a scam ,but its a good one.....
    Their spelling is terrible.
    The document is fake.
    There is no holding company.
    She is lying.

She will talk with you as long as you are interested. You've already sent her money. You are a big fish on her fishing line. She is reeling you in bit by bit, no matter how long it takes.

It is NOT a good scam.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 05:11 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did ,put she hasn't disappeared an I really would like to know ,can they fake a web-cam, cause I was talking to her at the same time an I could see her reactions to my answers, I told her to do certain things such as wave her hands an she did,

Yes you can fake a webcam or anything electroniclly. It can come from YouTube or anywhere. And project it through a webcam.

Many many programs are out there. Its very easy.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2010, 05:29 AM

First, it does NOT cost a lot of money to get here from there legitimately. It may cost a lot of bribe money, but I doubt if she has any intention of ever showing up on your doorstep.

Second, this is a WELL-KNOWN scam. That you were taken not once but twice by it does not speak well of you. I had the same reaction as J_9 when you revealed you have given $18K to not one but two of these scammers.

Third, if you have money to burn (and I wonder how you managed to get it if you are so gullible), there are a lot of legitimate charities that could use it. If you feel a void in your life, then become a Big Brother and put your money to GOOD use instead of giving it to scammers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scammers on the Internet [ 2 Answers ]

If you sent money to a person in another country and they were just scamming you. Is there anything you can do to prosecute them who could you contact

Well too many scammers on other sites [ 8 Answers ]

Also I wanted to be true to everyone around here.. I have been using Benzylarb. For over a year now... with absolutely no results whatsoever. The funny part I stuck loyally to the forum that propagates that product for a very long time.. and had total faith in it meaning I never visited...

EMAIL SCAMMERS and reporting them [ 13 Answers ]

As we already know the TSM Group/ is (NOT) this the real deal, although I have to say one of the better scams out there. What I would like to know is to whom and how to I report them and which ones are genuinely proactive and successful in the combat of email scammers from Nigeria, Ivory Coast,...

I have a scammers ip, what next? [ 6 Answers ]

I own an internet business, and I have discovered that someone or some company have been placing bogus, misleading and obcene adverts perpetrating to be ours on forums and advertising websites. Not only has this caused us to loose business but it also gives the impression that I am running an...

View more questions Search