Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ReallyInaBind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 03:45 PM
    In a big, BIG hole. Have small shovel.
    I was just served papers for a debt that I owe on a vehicle that was repo'ed. The vehicle, which was a 2005 Lotus Elise was purchased by myself and a company (the company did not have sufficient credit to purchase the car and I did not have the income to purchase the car, but together we were approved). The driver of the car was the President of the Investment company who ended up running out on myself and all of his investors. We are now unable to find him (a few PIs have looked for him). The loan on the vehicle was for some 72k and was being paid well until the president ran off. I did not have the income to pay the 1100/month bill and the car was repo'ed. I never received any kind of statement stating how much the car was sold for at auction. The bank is now suing me for some 28k plus lawyer fee, etc. There is still 1 house in my name that has not been foreclosed on and I really have nothing else that the bank could take (going by Texas exemption lists). I am in Texas and know that my wages cannot be garnished. I also do not currently have a bank account and am single.

I am wondering what will happen when I go to court. Can I ask for this debt to be forgiven by the state? If they file a lean against the 1 investment property I have left and the mortgage company forecloses on that property what happens to the judgement/debt? Does it follow the house and is considered paid?

Also, I've heard mixed things about 80/20 loans being foreclosed on and how the bank cannot collect on the deficiency when it is sold at auction. If an 80/20 mortgage is foreclosed by either loan, can the other loan still be collected on? Does it make a difference if the 2 loans were sold to separate companies? Does the same apply to a 100% loan that is foreclosed and sold?

Sorry for so many questions, but they have been building up and the first lawyer I tried to ask hung up on me when I said I had 7 houses and 1 vehicle in foreclosure and needed some legal advice =/
    jewels43204 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyInaBind
    I was just served papers for a debt that I owe on a vehicle that was repo'ed. The vehicle, which was a 2005 Lotus Elise was purchased by myself and a company (the company did not have sufficient credit to purchase the car and I did not have the income to purchase the car, but together we were approved). The driver of the car was the President of the Investment company who ended up running out on myself and all of his investors. We are now unable to find him (a few PIs have looked for him). The loan on the vehicle was for some 72k and was being paid well until the president ran off. I did not have the income to pay the 1100/month bill and the car was repo'ed. I never received any kind of statement stating how much the car was sold for at auction. The bank is now suing me for some 28k plus lawyer fee, etc. There is still 1 house in my name that has not been foreclosed on and I really have nothing else that the bank could take (going by Texas exemption lists). I am in Texas and know that my wages cannot be garnished. I also do not currently have a bank account and am single.

I am wondering what will happen when I go to court. Can I ask for this debt to be forgiven by the state? If they file a lean against the 1 investment property I have left and the mortgage company forecloses on that property what happens to the judgement/debt? Does it follow the house and is considered paid?

Also, I've heard mixed things about 80/20 loans being foreclosed on and how the bank cannot collect on the deficiency when it is sold at auction. If an 80/20 mortgage is foreclosed by either loan, can the other loan still be collected on? Does it make a difference if the 2 loans were sold to seperate companies? Does the same apply to a 100% loan that is foreclosed and sold?

Sorry for so many questions, but they have been building up and the first lawyer I tried to ask hung up on me when I said I had 7 houses and 1 vehicle in foreclosure and needed some legal advice =/
    If sold at an auction they will sue you for the remaining amount. As far as he car if it is not in your name you don't have to worry about it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain hole in tub rusted and too big [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Plumbing Geniuses, I have a bath tub that looks like it has been leaking for years at the tub drain. Consequently, the hole in the bottom of the tub is rotten and rusted around the edges, and bigger than it should be. The new drain replacement will not fit securely and there could be...

Get big [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best lifts to do if I want to get big and get cut up at the same time? I work out on a bowflex and do powerlifts with free weights>

Hole for Flange is too big [ 1 Answers ]

I just read the thread about the rotten sub floor and I have a similar issue. I have a pier and beam house. The waste pipe comes up through a hole in the floor and (before removing the toilet) the toilet made contact with the flange and was sealed with a wax seal. The only unique issue here is...

View more questions Search