Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lzyvinny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 07:16 PM
    Home owners insurance cover building a new chimney cost?
    Does home owner insurance cover building a new chimney? The current chimney is deteriorating and is not repairable says a chimney repair company.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 24, 2010, 07:18 PM

If its just deterioration over time then no. Insurance covers catastrophic damage not wear and tear.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2010, 07:22 PM

No, just from getting old, insurance does not cover it, If the wind or storm knocked it down it will pay a part to the terms of the policy,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I fell down t and broke my sons computer, will home owners policy cover that? [ 3 Answers ]

I was mopping up water damage on my first floor, my sump pump failed to work and flooded the floor. My 21 year old son who lives in another town had his computers down there and I was carring them up the stairs and slipped and fell breaking both screens.

Pools and Home Owners Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Here is my situation. My pool is a cedar walled, inground liner pool. My pool collapsed and I don't know why. I have checked my insurance coverage and it appears it will be difficult to get it covered. I have a safety cover on the pool and so I am not sure what may have been going on underneath. I...

Home Owners insurance [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out who my neighbors home owners insurance company is? How can I found out if a home owners has home owners insurance? Is it legal to do so?

Home owners insurance [ 2 Answers ]

This really happened & I am baffled by the result. A tree in my yard falls & hits one of my cars. The car only has liability insurance coverage on it. The car was a total loss. My first reaction was that the home owners policy will take care of that. Not.. Evidently it only covers acts of...

View more questions Search