Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baymom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Lower pelvic pain on left side that shoots down thigh
    I am experiencing lower pelvic pain on my left side that shoots down my thigh sometimes. I also have lower back pain that is similar to back pain that comes right before my period.I have had this back pain for going on two weeks but the pelvic pain is new. I am on the pill so I should not be ovulating. Should I be seen by a doctor?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 03:23 PM
    It is always best to see your doctor when there is something going on that lasts more than 48 hours.

It sounds as though it may have to do with your sciatic nerve, but to be sure consult your health care provider.
    cosmicjade26 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    It is always best to see your doctor when there is something going on that lasts more than 48 hours.

It sounds as though it may have to do with your sciatic nerve, but to be sure consult your health care provider.
    Is the pain actually in your pelvic bone and then into your leg or is it in the actual abdomen, I agree with J-9 but have you also consided SPD (symphisis Pubis Dysfunction) it's mostly common in pregnant women but hormones, body stress or injury in non-pregnant women can also cause this.

Go to see your doctor they will be able to advise you better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in lower left abdomen [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having pains in my lower left abdomen where my ovaries are. When I sit down, walk, have sex, even move wrong. What could cause this?

Lower left abdomen and lower backpain [ 3 Answers ]

My lower left abdomen really hurts with my lower backpain and its just happen right after my husband and I have sex,but before that I frequently feel numb un my left arm and leg. :confused: someone help me...

Pelvic pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having nagging pelvic pain throughout the month for about four months now, and been trying to conceive for three months now, how does it affect my fertility. Been to the doctor, says I have fibroids, they are not suppose to be painful so why this pains?

Pelvic pain [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if maybe someone had an idea as to what I can use to help with some pelvic pain. It's like one of the babies is sitting so low that it's using my pelvic bone for support. It's on the left side and isn't cervical pains just bone. It's making it very hard to walk and get around....

Pain in lower left groin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am 22 years old and have never had a regular period. I can't even remember the last time I had a natural period. But my concern at this moment is that I have a pain on my lower left groin area that I have had for about 2 months now and it seems to be getting worse. Its kindof...

View more questions Search