Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geomar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Removing engine on murray riding mower
    I have a Murray riding mower. The engine was vibrating and it took me awhile but found two screws missing. I put two back in but engine still vibrate. Further investigation showed that the holes in the engine plate had reemed out and the screws were not holding the engine steady. My question: I need to put in a new engine plate. How hard is that for someone without any expertise on this matter? Thanks! George
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:29 AM
    You don't... I'd recommend oversized washers... small enough holes so the bolt can still go in, but large enough diameter so it overlaps the hole by a good amount... just need one per bolt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray Riding Mower Spring Extension [ 8 Answers ]

I have purchased a spring - part number 165X76SEMA - for my Murray Riding Mower, model 40808X8D. The original spring broke, and I do not know where it connects to the chasis. The instructions that came with the part assumes that the original spring is still installed, and otherwise, makes no...

Electrical Problem Murray Riding Mower [ 8 Answers ]

I was given a Murray Riding Mower that had nothing when the key was turned . I replaced the blade disengage safety switch and the mower started. I get nothing again when the key is turned. I replaced the cellenoid, battery, BDS switch again, and had the starter checked. The seat safety was...

Murray Riding mower won't start [ 13 Answers ]

Driving along and it died, won't restart. Engine turns over, fire is getting to the spark plug, but won't kick in. Anybody know how to troubleshoot this problem. I hate to take it to the shop, feel like it is a simple problem. It has gas, the plug is new, and has oil. Susan:confused:

OLD Murray Riding Mower Issue [ 10 Answers ]

We bought a used Murray riding mower a few months ago for $150. It was a great price & has worked quite well with minimal issues until now. So far it had only need a belt, a new spark plug & some paint. Now, one of the deck belts shredded & got flung off the deck and THIS is where my problem...

Murray Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a murray riding mower that I purchased in August of 1991. Apparently I need a new transaxle because it will not go in gear at all. The part # in the book is Dana model 4450-1 which I have been unable to locate, the only reference I have come across for the part says that it has been...

View more questions Search