Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherish1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2010, 07:51 PM
    Should I make another move or leave it alone?
    Last week I attended a friend's company holiday party. I noticed that a guy he was checking me out the moment I walked into the party. The guy appeared to be with business clients and was trying to be very professional while checking me out. Finally he walked to the table where I was seated and began a conversation with the group of people I was sitting with. Not long after, a business associate came over and told him the client wanted to leave and he had to go also. It appeared that the guy wanted to talk to me but had to cater to his client. After he left everyone at the table expressed how they noticed the guy was extremely interested in me, but was not in the position to talk more. They encouraged me to get his contact information from the host of the party, which I did. Two days later, I sent the guy an email suggesting that we get together for a drink soon. He responded 'yes' quickly and thanked me for contacting him. He asked for my number and gave me his. That was almost a week ago and he has not called or emailed me. The way I see it, I made a first bold move and now it's his turn to follow up with me (if he truly is interested). Should I be concerned that he hasn't called yet? Should I contact him? I don't want to appear persistent.
    liongal Posts: 82, Reputation: 58

Dec 23, 2010, 05:56 PM
    I agree, you made a bold first moe and it piad off as he responded positiely. However from here, let him chase you!

Don't worry he will be in contact with you. Be patient, but don't put your life on hold waiting!
    sambilly Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2010, 08:23 PM
    You should give him his time he will call you hopefully it just seems he is really in to his work which is not a bad thing cause that could be what he is focusing on at the moment. If you like you can email him and try to reschedule for another drink then when you actually do meet in person it will feel much different then emailing. It could be possible that he gets a ton of calls and especially emails a day and it might of gotten lost. But your hope should not get lost I say give it another try shoot him up an email and then if it works from there then I wish the best for you and if not you should move forward and look for another another guy.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2010, 08:52 PM
    It all comes down to how hard you are willing to work.

I love to chase, and I like being chased. Quid pro quo is nice.

So... you don't want to appear too persistent. Why? Afraid this would scare him off? Why?

I love an aggressive woman. No pretense. No nonsense. Straight talk. Put me to the wall. Ill push back and then some.

I think what you have done so far is great. You took initiative. You made a bold move. I'm soundly disappointed in him, if he is interested.

You do what feels right. You could walk and wait. You could push again one more time (and no more)...

Right now, at best he is either passive or he is too busy with other distractions to chase you. Sure... you could give another nudge... but all things considered, and taking in your reaction, I'm thinking you are needing more from him than just another chance to assert yourself.

Don't know. What is the harm is trying one more time? If he still hesitates, you have an answer. If he makes a move, you know to be cautious... that maybe he won't be the aggressor in the relationship that you might need him to be.

Again... props to you for what you have done. Love a woman who is willing to be bold and take action. If he can't respond in turn, well... the loss is clearly his.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to leave New York; should I move to Atlanta? [ 7 Answers ]

I need to get away from my family who is letting my adult sister of 30 years old stay there and take advantage of my parents. We do not get along, I guess I'm the black sheep. I live on my own but I no longer think living near them will give me any peace as they refuse to change anything. This...

Does he still like me and how can I make him leave his girlfriend? [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I went partying with this guy that I guy liked it and we kissed and stuff. The next day he said that it proved that I still liked him and stuff like that. The thing is that he has a girlfriend and I really like him despite this. Do u think that he likes me why he's talking to me, although...

Want to leave mortgage/house and move os [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I have a house in the uk valued at 200,000 (as at Dec. '07) and secured and unsecured loan of 190,000 with our mortgage company - many potential buyers who have 'disappeared' at the final hurdle. My wife and I are separated - I live in Spain with 2 of our kids and she's in the uk with the...

Can he make me leave? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband of 10 yrs. Is refusing to support the family, he has a job and I do not. He says he wants his name off our joint bank account and will not pay any bills unless they are all in his name. I have been the sole bill payer of the family for 11 yrs. We have 2 kids and my nephew living with us....

View more questions Search