Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnAnthony Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2010, 03:20 PM
    I inherited $6,000. From my aunt. Do I have to pay an inheritance tax in Texas
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 03:30 PM
    There WAS an inheritance tax in Texas, but it ended on 31 December 2004 (see link below).

Inheritance Tax

Further, it was only for inheritances that met the federal minimum for estate taxes, so, for $6,000, there are NO taxes due at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much tax will I have to pay in Arizona from $20 k inherited from my Godmother [ 2 Answers ]

How much tax will I pay in Arizona from a $25K inheritance from my Godmother in South Dakota?

Inheritance tax in Texas from father that lived in California [ 5 Answers ]

My husband's father passed away. He lived in California. My husband is expected to get around $83,000.00 in inheritance from his dad. We live in Texas. Will there be an inheritance tax on this money?

Inheritance Tax in Texas? [ 1 Answers ]

My Father passed away(here in Texas) a month ago and left around $200,000.00 in combined annuities, certificates of deposit, savings and life insurance to be divided up among 4 children. Are we each required to pay Federal Income Tax or an Inheritance Tax of some kind on each of our lump sum...

How much tax do we pay for house/property inherited? [ 1 Answers ]

so I'm not sure how all these taxes work, but my mom was asking me if she put in her will to give one of us the house/property, how much tax do we pay or she pay? She also mentioned that there are some legal forms we have to sign for that too and that there are several types, which one would be...

Do I pay tax on inherited property sold? [ 7 Answers ]

My brothers and I (4 of us) each inherited equal portions of my mother's house when she died. We sold the house shortly after the estate was settled and each of us received ~ 18,000 (there was no mortgage). Now, I am aware that any gain is taxed as long term no matter how long we owned it, since it...

View more questions Search