Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geoffrey8041 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2010, 10:55 AM
    If I married a us citizen in jamaica where do I file for divorce?
    I got married in jamaica but I now live in newyork but I want to file for a divorce can it be done in jamaica my wife is an american citizen she was the one who filed for me to come to ny,we got married in 2007.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 02:28 PM

You file where you have residence. So if you live in NY and that was where you and she both lived together last, that is where you file.

The location of where you got married has nothing to do with it what so ever

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are all the papers to file when married to american citizen? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just got married in the US to an american citizen and now I want to know what are all the papers that I need to file to migration, my current status in the us is tourist since Im a resident of a south american country. Thank you

Can an American citizen easily file a divorce with a non-american citizen? [ 12 Answers ]

She entered through a K1 visa. She later decide to go back to her home country. Because of this, she couldn't get back to the US as she also had some troubles with visa. Can her husband file and process a divorce without his wife consent?

American/jordanian citizen, married to syrian; want divorce [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I was born in jordan and lived in the states; dual citizen. I'm now living in syria, and married to a syrian. I have a daughter that is now 4 months old born in syria, but with a jordanian birth certificate and plan to get my daughter american citizenship. Our marriage license is...

From jamaica trying to become a you.s. Citizen [ 1 Answers ]

How can someone from jamacia become a u.s. citizen without getting married? What are some ways to become a resident? What papers do you have to file? How much does it cost? What are the steps you have to take to become a u.s. resident? I watched on the oprah show that a lot of people from different...

View more questions Search