Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rimmel Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Trouble Sleeping
    Lately, I've been having trouble sleeping. Maybe it's because I am taking this herb/pill that is supposed to give to energy it's called rhodiola. It's really getting ridiculous; I haven't had a good sleep in four days. I like this energy, but I need to sleep. Any ideas on how to get a better sleep? Also, has anyone tried Rhodiola and experienced the same problem, if so what did you do to have a better sleep. Thanks!!
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2010, 01:53 PM

Trouble sleeping is the most common side effect of rhodiola, but usually at higher than recommended doses.

The obvious answer is to stop taking it, at least until you are sleeping properly again. If you restart, go for a much smaller dose.

In the meantime, try some vigorous physical exercise. Go for a long run or cycle, take all your neighbour's dogs for a walk, dig the garden, carry shopping for an elderly neighbour. Clean the house from top to bottom. Use up a lot of energy, and you'll sleep better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble sleeping more than 6 hours [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all: I have anxiety and depression, I am on 40mg of citalopram which is helping a lot. Lately though, I've been waking up early in the morning after only like 6-7 hours of sleep, and unable to fall back asleep. Usually I can sleep for 10 hours on a day off. I wake up and my mind starts...

Why do I have trouble sleeping at night [ 2 Answers ]

:)well to I have a lot of trouble sleeping at night and I have no Freakin clue why and I'm stuck between My bed My back And the way I sleep If you have the slightest idea please tell Meh Thanks

Trouble Sleeping But Not Insomnia! [ 1 Answers ]

I currently and have been for quite some time been having trouble getting sleep at night. I work 4 days a week, a total of about 50 hours plus depending on the week, and my work days end between 10:30pm and 12:30am depending on the day. My job can be quite stressful at times, but on most occasions...

Trouble sleeping/anxiety? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys. I'll spare the details because they are littered around on this site anyway. But, even though it's been a few months since me and my girlfriend have broken up, and she has apparently moved on with someone else, I still find myself getting anxiety attacks and not able to sleep over...

View more questions Search