Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spontaneouslemon Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Dec 21, 2010, 09:51 PM
    How to start working as a bartender? Is Bartending school worth it?
    So I've been seriously looking into working as a bartender lately. I'm an actor, and finding a job as an actor that will fit next to my auditions is very difficult. Anyway, bartending seems like my best bet. The only thing is that I'm a 21 year old girl, with zero experience in bartending. So, I decided I'd just enroll myself into a bartending school, but I'm getting mixed reviews about it. Also, I keep hearing I need to work my way up to being a bartender (through first working as a bus boy, or waitress) but then I hear stories about people who start work behind a bar a week after going to bartending school. Most of these cases are coming from the school's testimonials might I add.
    Anyway, I just want to know what is the best way to get into bartending. It's a little under $400 to go to bartending school, so it's not that big of an investment, and I'm sure I'll learn a lot from it. I'm just wondering... where do I go from there? And what are the chances of my finding a job stat?

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 09:56 PM

One of the post popular interim courses at University of Western Ontario in Oshawa Ontario is the SmartServe course. Students find that they can make a bit of money to offset their expenses by bar waiting at weddings, social events, etc bar mitvahs. So it really pays off for them. Of course you will get mixed reviews about any kind of part time job, won't you !

Tick
    Fefeordetty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 08:32 AM
    Buy high quality cigarettes at an affordable price discount cigarettes online

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's my old school stuff worth? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm just wondering how much some of my video game junk is worth, all right well there like all old school game stuff, please plug in the price that each of the items that you know is worth about- *how much is my n64 worth with no box but works excellent? -how much are the following...

Is it worth going to school? [ 9 Answers ]

I was very interested in going to school to receive my Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, but is it worth it? The mony does not seem all that great.

Bartending course [ 3 Answers ]

Im looking into two week bartending classes and a friend told me the best way to become a bartender is to start as a barback and work up. Do bar owners hire people fresh out of these courses, or do they prefer more experience?

Bartending-GI bill or TA.will it cover the costs? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the military and will be getting out soon; my husband and I are hoping to open a bar not long after I get out. He will be dealing with the business side of the bar, while I work the bar. I have no prior experience with working at a bar so I would like to take a...

Bartending options [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 18 years old and a senior in high school. I've been looking at job options to pay for college next year, insurance, gas, etc. Bartending has always seemed interesting to me, especially flair bartending (look up a video of it if you haven't seen it, it looks awesome). I started juggling five...

View more questions Search