Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Preferences on cigars
    I am a big cigar person but I am looking for insight on new cigars that meat my requests.
    The following is what I like in a cigar.

It's got to be well constructed even burning cigar (no cheapies)
    Medium bodied for the most part (certain full body or strong cigars are nice)
    Huge fan of a loose draw. (I hate puffing and puffing and I don't mind the hotness)
    Gauge isn't a huge concern.

I'm usually a fan of Perdomo Cigars. The Perdomo Lot23 or Patriarch's I can get around $6-12 in a variety of wrappers and sizes!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 21, 2010, 11:41 PM
    Well there's only really one option, Havana's.
    My personal preference is for Monte Cristo's followed by Punch.

Difficult to beat a fine smoke from the hand rolling masters ;)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 12:12 AM

My husband is a big fan of Acid Cigars among others. I just can't remember the name of the others right now.
    Networking Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Well there's only really one option, Havana's.
    My personal preference is for Monte Cristo's followed by Punch.

Difficult to beat a fine smoke from the hand rolling masters ;)
    I've had my fair share of Punch cigars. Not sure about the Monte Cristo's... hm that'll probably be my next one.

When I graduated bootcamp I had my sister buy a box of Rocky Patels and bring them out to CA for me and my boys ;) They were surprisingly really good. (then again, I was without anysort of smoking for 3 months)

My question is this though. Without going into a shoppe (because they try to sell you anything) and obviously I haven't smoked every single one. What is it you look for in a cigar from a visual perspective? I know I like the Maduro wrappers as it tends to add a sweeter flavor to the cigar and usually the darker the wrapper the stronger the blend. (key word usually) But beyond wrapper what else can you tell just by looking?
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Dec 22, 2010, 06:53 AM

Rocky Patel Edge Light is a beauty. As far as looking at a cigar, I try to avoid obvious, large veins. Also, gently squeeze along the length. It should feel pretty consistent throughout. No cracking noise should be heard or its too dry.
    Networking Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 06:55 AM

Why the veins?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 06:55 AM

Okay, y'all are giving me ideas for stocking stuffers. Going to go to the Tinder Box in a bit.
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Dec 22, 2010, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    Why the veins?
    They'll all have veins to some extent but if there's an overly large one it can interfere with a nice, even burn. Check out some lower dollar cigars and the compare them to something along the lines of a Rocky Patel Edge Light. The difference in wrapper quality will be readily apparent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recessed lighting fixture preferences [ 1 Answers ]

In regards to recessed lighting fixtures. Looking to see if anyone has had a better experience than others or worse for that matter (quality, installation, fire, etc... ). I'm looking to use some 6" Air tite, IC, 120V for new construction. I've always used Halo brand with no issues but if...

Preferences to get on with men [ 5 Answers ]

Who can tell me why I get on better with men than women? I am female. I feel more at ease with men, they are more down to earth, Im more relaxed. I don't want sexual relationships ever, I just have more male friends. They open up to me, most of them are genuine and I just feel better around...

Mac system preferences [ 3 Answers ]

I have the latest mac computer but have a problem. My system preferences place in the dock is now a grey question mark. I also cannot find it on my finder. Someone help me

Which Cigars are the Best? [ 28 Answers ]

Hi : I want to smoke cigaret which cigar is best?

Sheathing preferences [ 5 Answers ]

We are putting a 2 story addition on that will include a garage on the first floor and a walking closet/master bath expansion on the second. The bid referenced OSB sheathing on the exterior walls/roof and floor deck. The contractor decided to install Bild-Rite sheathing on the exterior walls...

View more questions Search