thomaspatel123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 10:41 AM
    School
    When I am at school there are game websites which are blocked
    Is there anyway I can get onto them
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Please don't ask or expect us to help you break the school's rules. There is a reason those sites are blocked. You risk getting suspended or expelled if you try to go around your school's rules.

Besides which, you shouldn't be spending school time playing games. Shame on you for asking.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 10:56 AM
    I apparently can't give kudos the other way... but Hooray! I feel the same way!

There is plenty to learn at school. There's no need to learn how to break rules.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2007, 10:59 AM
    As a teacher I can honestly tell you that Scott Gem is right. You face dire consequeces when you try to get around the school's computer rules. Please listen to his warning or else you might find yourself in trouble that you don't want to be in.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Write your own game, at least you learn something in the process ;)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2007, 02:34 PM
    We here at AMHD cannot help you get around any sort of administrative restrictions imposed on a School, Work, or any other network not owned and operated by yourself. These restrictions can include (but are not limited to): Website Blocking policies, Software Installation policies, Email retention policies, Software Configuration policies, Network/Internet usage policies, Network Configuration policies, Forum or Chat Room Bans, Game Server Bans, or any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question. Any actions by members of AMHD that would be offered to help in this manner would directly violate the site's TOS
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Now why do you want to risk suspension, possiblly being expelled, all for the sake of getting around school software blocks? The blocks are there so that students do not waste playing games when they should be studying, doing research, writing, etc. The blocks are also there to protect the school's computers from possible viruses that can be attached to games.

So do the right thing and use the school computer to earn better grades. You most likely have time at home or a friend's house to play online games.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Jan 10, 2007, 04:05 PM
    As a adult I am paying top dollar for YOU to get a education, I am glad they ban games at your school. Please do not waste my money.
    Now if they would just ban cell phones also I would be a happier tax payer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

School uniforms [ 4 Answers ]

Uniforms should be abolished. I have to writa debate in the favour of the motion. Please tell me more about "why uniforms should be abolished?":) :)

How to go to school in Paris [ 6 Answers ]

I really want to live in Paris, France... And I'm an america. I would do anything to live there, and I was wondering as a possibily to get there and stay, how could I get into a French college, like the Sorbonne. Can you tell me how to get in, the equivalency of our grades levels to there's, our...

Do you keep HM after school is over? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone keeps their Homework/Class work after the school semester is over? I do but not all of it.

About School [ 2 Answers ]

I happened to be very aggressive most of the time in school I mean just by someone looking at me it seeems to me like I got to do somethng about it because its going to hurt me and this has gotten me to be very popular in school with students and staff I mean students like me cause I won't beat up...

View more questions Search