Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busy29 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2010, 06:37 AM
    Suggestions for surprising my Husband with his Christmas Gift
    Hi. OK, so my husband and I have "together" found a beautiful place in the Dominican, that we would like to go to. My HUSBAND's only stipulation was "who is going to watch the kids". ((he is not one to 'bother' our family and friends for stuff like that)) So, in the past week or so, I have arranged to have our 3 children cared for by my husband's sister and my mom. It's all in place. I've also booked the Vacation already and have our Resort Confirmation and Flight booked.

I have had a lot of suggestions on how to 'give' this to him Christmas morning. ALL our family will be with us Christmas Morning to open gifts with our kids. I was thinking about the Scavenger Hunt, but I just don't think I'll be able to get him to actually 'go on the scavenger hunt' lol. He's not really into that sort of thing.

I also thought of buying him a new carry on suitcase and fill it with Dominican pesos, his swimsuit, suntan lotion etc. along with the tickets and a binder full of pictures of the Resort?

I want him to know that it's all been arranged with his Sister and my Mom too...

Does anyone have any clever ideas??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 06:42 AM

The scavenger hunt is a good idea if you give him leading clues.

Give him a clue to go to the oven (example). In the oven is another clue to go somewhere else where there is another clue.

Finally, after about 6 or 7 different clues he arrives at the suitcase filled with everything he needs for the vacation.

Dec 21, 2010, 06:46 AM
    Thanks! What sort of things do I do for the "Scavenger Hunt" though? Just clues on a piece of paper? That sort of thing? Or, would say him going to the Oven to find "dominican money" along with another note be the best way? Then, something telling him to go to the hall closet where he'll find like a sunhat with another note inside? Or should it just be paper clues??
    Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by busy29 View Post
    would say him going to the Oven to find "dominican money" along with another note be the best way? Then, something telling him to go to the hall closet where he'll find like a sunhat with another note inside??
    Dominican clues would be a blast!

We do this with our kids every year for their big Santa present.

As an example...

A paper clue on the tree this year says... "your present is in the oven." In the oven our daughter will find a power cord along with another clue to the next location.

The gift at each location will get a little more extravagant until she finally gets to the final location to find the laptop. ;)

Dec 21, 2010, 07:42 AM
    Thanks AGAIN! That's what I'm going to do! I'll let you know how it turns out! Thank you so much! (funny how you bring up the laptop... as that's a gift we got our son! ) I should have done the same thing for him... cause he's going to lose his mind when he opens it! Should have done it up a little more then just wrapping and a bow lol.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 02:06 PM

Oh, please let me know! Christmas is just as exciting for those of us giving gifts as it is for the children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christmas Gift [ 3 Answers ]

So I posted another thread about a Christmas gift for my USAFA boyfriend. I recently asked him what he wanted, and he simply answered, "Anything that reminds me of you." Sooo... he wants something sweet and sentimental... I love that about him. But I have NO idea how to get a sweet and sentimental...

Christmas Gift for Him [ 10 Answers ]

So my online relationship is finally turning to reality as my military boyfriend is coming to visit me in less than two weeks. I am beyond excited. I'm really not nervous either. Come November, he will be meeting my family, I will be meeting his, and I will be attending a ball with him. So, come...

Best christmas gift? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, what is the best christmas gift to give a man with family??

Valentine gift suggestions? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have just started a relationsip with an amazing girl and want things to go well on valentines. I have booked a meal and a hotel with roses and champagne waiting in the room for a surprise. Does anyone have any suggestions of what other added gifts I can give. I am thinking of getting a...

Christmas gift [ 3 Answers ]

I am completely at a loss of what to get my boyfriend. We started dating in August, he's 19, he spends a lot of his time studying for classes, into heavy metal music, plays guitar and video games, loves motorcycles and like most guys like likes new "gadgets" or whatever. Any one have any idea what...

View more questions Search