Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jagosmummy Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Missed Period All Pregnancy Tests Negative!!
    Hi...
    I came off the pill back in November when I had my last period! As my husband and I hope to conceive. I was due a period on the 21st of December but no sign... I have done three tests all negative! I have also been to my doctor with no help!! I'm worried as I am having my wisdom teeth out by GA next week and wanted to know for sure if I was pregnant just in case there was any harm!
    My doctor didn't even discuss about a blood test, I have only found out by reading about it by reading on this site! All he said was that I should wait for my period to come...
    Please help! :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 10:01 AM
    How long were you on the pill and how old are you?

Also, when did you do the HPTs? It is important to do them first thing in the morning.

If you are concerned about the GA, and as well you should be, you should request that your doc do a blood test.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jan 10, 2007, 10:22 AM
    I would request a blood test since you are having your wisdom teeth removed. I too am late for my period, about three weeks. All urine pregnancy tests have come back negative. The doc said I missed ovulation which caused the missed period. Since my DH and I are trying to conceive the doc put me on meds to start my cycle back up. If you are not pregnant and still don't start your period you can request your doc to put you on meds for the same reason. It's a bit difficult to get pregnant when you don't have a cycle! Good luck!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 10:25 AM
    I agree that the blood test should be done to rule out pregnancy as general anesthesia (GA) can be dangerous to a pregnancy.
    Jagosmummy Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2007, 10:25 AM
    I have been on the pill since I was 16. I came off it to have my son... I got pregnant in a week from coming off the pill. He was born in 2004 I am 25 next month! Because I got pregnant so quick with him it makes me a little worried! I was on the same pill than as I was a month ago. I have never had a problem before with my periods which I told the doctor!
    Like you said I think I should go back and see another doctor and request a blood test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faint Positive tests and then negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my situation. First of all, you should know that I'm on Metformin because I have very irregular periods and am borderline PCOS. Now for the tests. The first day of my last period was Oct 21st. This is not uncommon for me to be this late, but I took a test anyway to see if I was...

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Missed Period/ Negative pregnant. Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length...

Missed Period/Negative Pregnancy Test [ 4 Answers ]

I am four days late for my period, and today on the fourth day I have a light brown discharge when I use the bathroom and I wipe. My periods are always right on time, I have had no blood. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby, and we do not use protection of any kind. I am 24, I took a...

Missed Period for 2 months but tests are NEGATIVE [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, Iam 22 and Iam really nervouse and scared.. Iam married but me and my husband began to use condoms instead of any birth control pill or patches. Before I got married and began to use the Ortha Evora Patches I sometimes had irregular periods( I wouldn't get it for weeks or even a few...

View more questions Search