Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Absolute716 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 09:24 PM
    Investigation
    I am a CNA in NYS currently under investigation for neglict. If I am found guilty, I know that I would have my certification taken away to work in a nursing home. Would I however be able to work in other aspects of human services?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 21, 2010, 05:21 AM
    I imagine that it would depend on whether the other jobs require certification, and whether they do background checks and check references. Most likely they will.

I think you will have a tough time and might want to consider a career change where people's lives are not at stake, such as retail sales.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 05:36 AM

You could in areas that did not require certification unless they also pressed criminal charges.

With that said, the chances of anyone actually hiring you after the investigation, if found guilty will be slim, so even if you could work in the field, finding someone who would hire you would be next to impossible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal Investigation [ 11 Answers ]

Under what circumstances may a police officer make warrantles arrest for a misdemeanor crime which did not occur in his/her presence?

Investigation service [ 9 Answers ]

Anyone know of a reasonably priced private investigator?

When is an investigation complete [ 11 Answers ]

Does an arrest have to be made in order for an investigation to be over? When is it officially over.

Background investigation [ 2 Answers ]

I was not sure where my question would fall under so I took a shot in the dark and hope Some one can answer my question. My question is regarding a government job I applied For with customs and border protection. As it turns out during my investigation the hiring People at that agency had...

View more questions Search