Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crbentley1904 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Cockroach maybe?
    I one trapped in a bowl right now, so I will get a picture of it when it dies, it looks like a firefly, but I see it now in the fall and the winter, I find it in light, so not sure about a cockroach. Just so mysterious because I can not find anything, no pest control place can figure it out with the description either. The first time I saw it, it was at night on my bed, and it flew to the light. The 2nd or 3 rd times, it has just been in the clear light. Back in October, I saw a bunch on the outside of the wall at this restaurant and they were flying everywhere. Please help!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Your typical cockroach does not fly (see here for a couple that do). Yes, a picture would help a lot.

Jan 10, 2007, 10:02 AM
    I took the lid off and trapped it with a cup, it has six legs, very thin, brown with two orange stripes towards the bottom of itz back making a v, and the two orange spots above the v, and thin thin orange stripes going along the edge of its body on both sides.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Check out Ortho's bug finder page. I've ID'd a lot of critters there in the past.

Jan 10, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Okay, that page did not really help
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 10:18 AM
    I see now. Yes, it stinks. They used to have a lot of bugs there. Sorry 'bout that.

Jan 10, 2007, 10:23 AM
    I just looked at terminix.com and none of them look like it, I still can't figure it out,

I officially hate my camera

I am looking at Gallery of specimens of 700 genera of beetles from the site "Probert Encyclopedia" right now

That page isn't showing all the pictures, so if someone finds one that I described, please tell me

Jan 10, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Okay, one thing I was thinking about, the first time I ever saw one was the ladybugs were out, then one time I saw massive of them on a building like how our ladybugs one be. And around 5 today, I saw 2 or 3 ladybugs, they might be beetles I have not found any from that website and still cannot found it on the computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search